7 months ago
The finance team at Gateley Plc is led by Neil Smith, Finance Director. It services all of the Group’s offices and companies and is spread across two geographical locations, Birmingham (the Group’s head office) and Manchester. Comprising of an established mix of financially qualified and process trained individuals with a specialism in Law firm accounting.
The team were recently shortlisted for the 2016 West Midlands Finance Team of the Year Awards sponsored by the ICAEW and Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce.
To be responsible for group financial and reporting ensuring integrity and timely completeness of financial statements, in a Plc environment, in line with the latest accounting standards (IFRS).
In addition to this to assist the FD/FC in the annual budgeting and modelling of the Group’s financial performance together with ensuring all monthly monitoring and reporting is accurately produced.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Financial reporting ensuring compliance with accounting standards (Period end management reporting, statutory accounting and group performance monitoring against market expectations).
* Assist FC/FD with all aspects of Plc reporting and Group accounts delivery
* Monitoring of regulatory policy and proposals and provision of professional accounting guidance and advice in light of any updates or changes.
* Constant review and implementation of improvements in the monthly reporting processes.
* Support internal audit management.
* Management of external returns (HMR&C, etc).
* Market share & competitor analysis.
* Possible acquisition due diligence reporting – pre and post acquisition.
* Covenant monitoring and assistance in the monthly management of cash resources.
* Assist with any major IT implementation projects as and when necessary
Key Skills & Experience
* Previous experience within a similar role.
* Qualified accountant (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA).
* Up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards - FRS 102/IFRS (ideal).
* Willingness to adapt to constantly changing business requirements.
* Strong commercial awareness and mindset.
* Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation.
* Ability to work effectively in a deadline intensive environment.
* Strong IT capability