about 1 year ago
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Graphic/Presentation Designer to join our global New Business Team, located in London. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
With a focus on creating impactful graphics and layout, the Graphic/Presentation Designer will be responsible for producing engaging designs for proposal documents/client meeting materials, using New Business Team (pitch) templates. The successful candidate’s core role will be to:
* Undertake short form pitches
* Support, advise and train New Business Team members who use Microsoft PowerPoint and Word templates
* Work closely with key stakeholders and partners to develop messages and visuals
* Interpret key messages and selling points into graphics, demonstrating information management, typography and data visualization.
* Develop high-end, high specification designs for ‘must win’ opportunities using the latest version of the Adobe Creative Suite
* Engage well with external print vendors and develop digital material.
Working closely with the BD Manager for overseeing the NBT visual strategy rollout, the Graphics/Presentation Designer will support the implementation of the visual strategy and continue to develop innovative graphics for new opportunities. The Graphics/Presentation Designer will ensure pitch materials are fit for purpose and that processes from briefing to delivery help to create a quality product. It is also crucial that the Graphics/Presentation Designer remains informed of best practice and developments in design, ensuring the firm remains competitive and innovative in all markets while remaining firmly within the visual identity guidance.
* Understanding key messages for client or pitch opportunities, providing creative, professional and impactful creative options that are aligned with our corporate identity tenets and enhance our proposal and presentation materials.
* Maintaining graphic library consisting of icons, graphics, photography and banners.
* Creating bespoke designs for high-end pitch materials
* Educating and training New Business Team Specialists on day-to-day graphics use, advising on best practices.
* Maintaining awareness of design trends.
* Evaluating requirements of internal clients to navigate the best cause of production.
* Managing projects from concept through to production, effectively communicating project deadlines. Balancing multiple priorities and schedules efficiently in order to meet client/lawyer deadlines.
* Maintaining proficient skill set with all necessary software including a deep knowledge of MS Office and the Adobe Creative Suite.
* Understanding, implementing, and strictly adhering to the corporate identity guidelines, quality standards and procedures.
As a Graphic/Presentation Designer, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Graphic/Presentation Designer must display the artistic ability and creative thinking needed to design effective visuals, the ability to create imagery that engages, attracts and sells. To understand the key drivers affecting the firm and our clients within the broader business environment. The ideal candidate should possess excellent concept-to-design skills and the organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines – whilst not sacrificing creative flair.
A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field is required as well as significant production and design experience in a professional services organization. Pitch curation experience is highly-favored and experience preparing artwork accurately for external print suppliers is preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience with colour correcting, layout, and press checking. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply using the Apply Now link provided.
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding opportunity, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program which includes health insurance as well as group income protection and life assurance, a pension plan, wellness programs, employee discounts and more.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.
London, London, City of, United Kingdom