10 months ago
Graduate Recruitment and Development Manager
Main purpose of job:
To lead the Graduate Recruitment and Development function by setting the overall strategy and supporting the team. Manage the Graduate Recruitment team to attract and recruit the highest calibre trainee lawyers and vacation interns for the London and Bristol offices, including marketing and events, selection and candidate experience, vacation schemes, diversity and reporting. Manage the Graduate Development team to deliver on the Firm’s training contract including seat change, performance management, qualification and induction and to lead on the Compass development programme.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Manage the Graduate Recruitment and Development teams. Ensure effective timely delivery and standards of key processes.
* Support the Graduate Recruitment Advisor and Graduate Development Advisor to effectively manage their direct reports.
* Coach and mentor the Graduate Recruitment Assistant, Graduate Development Assistant and Graduate Recruitment Administrator.
* Set the annual Graduate Recruitment strategy, including sign off for hiring numbers, university and campus activity plan, marketing and selection.
* Overall responsibility for the selection process and excellent candidate experience by supporting team to deliver on application processing through the ATS and assessment centres. Attend assessment centres and facilitate wash-up sessions. Make offers and manage acceptances.
* Review effectiveness of selection process and materials, proposing and implementing improvements where appropriate.
* Overall responsibility for the university and campus activity strategy by supporting team to deliver on event planning including budget allocation and targeting, relationships with careers services and brand ambassadors. Attend on-campus events and deliver skills sessions.
* Support the team to deliver excellent vacation schemes, ensuring strong conversion to training contact offers.
* Overall responsibility for media including publications and advertising, social media and media tracking.
* Partner with Diversity organisations to deliver on the Firm’s diversity aspirations.
* Review all processes annually to inform planning for the next year.
* Lead on the firmwide Graduate brand, including the website and supporting international colleagues where appropriate.
* Set and monitor the Graduate Recruitment budget.
* Set the Graduate Development strategy, including trainee numbers, approach to key processes and the development programme.
* Support the team to deliver on the key processes such as seat change and secondments, performance management, qualification and induction.
* Lead the design and delivery of the Compass development programme. Design relevant content with external suppliers to support the ongoing personal development of trainees and future trainees. Ensure excellent delivery, regularly reviewing performance and effectiveness.
* Overall responsibility for relationships with external suppliers such as law school.
* Provide HR support to trainees on ER issues, such as performance, health and wellbeing or personal issues.
* Point of escalation for any trainee or future trainee issues.
* Set and monitor the Graduate Development budget.
Education / qualifications / experience:
* Prior experience managing a team
* Excellent knowledge of Graduate Recruitment processes.
* Excellent knowledge of Graduate Development including experience of handling ER cases and creating bespoke learning and development programmes.
* Graduate with a first or upper second class degree or equivalent.
Knowledge and technical skills:
* Excellent IT skills, including Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
* Willingness to use software packages that are unfamiliar.
* Comfortable setting and monitoring budgets.
Please find further details in the job description below.
Simmons & Simmons offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
Attachment Uploaded by Firm User