3 months ago
A career within Risk Assurance Compliance and Analytics services, will provide you with the opportunity to assist clients in developing analytics and technology solutions that help them detect, monitor, and predict risk. Using advanced technology, we’re able to focus on establishing the right controls, processes and structures for our clients to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information and assure that information provided to third parties is accurate, complete, and can be trusted.
Governance, Risk, Compliance and Controls (GRC)
We are specifically looking for candidates to join GRC.
Our specialists are self-starting, agile and thrive on bringing past experiences to new and diverse challenges. They are happy to work as individuals or as part of multi-disciplinary teams to provide hands on, client facing services to our clients in the capital markets area, primarily large global banks, on governance risk and controls as well as critical business change. These services can be in the form of consulting advice, implementation support or controls review and recommend reports. We work with Front Office, Risk, Operations and Finance functions, often cross-functionally in supporting them with large business and change programme’s and with enhancing their governance, controls and risk frameworks.
Below are some of the types of work you could be involved in
* Supporting our clients with business change e.g. Brexit planning and support
* Advice & implementation responding to emerging challenges over risk compliance and control
* Governance, risk, compliance & control frameworks cost advice including optimization, rationalization and standardization supported by data driven process discovery using cutting edge technology
* Compliance risk management and testing including front to back control design and/or remediation, risk and control reporting and MI
* Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
* Train and lead staff
* Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
* Delivering business and regulatory change programmes
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
The role will provide you with experience of working with major banking and capital market clients, where you can demonstrate your understanding of regulatory requirements, governance and controls and approaches to project and programme delivery.
* Experience of working within professional services/consulting organisations or banks specifically focused on regulatory/business change and/or front to back trading governance, risk and controls.
* Strong understand of Banking
* Leadership skills with a proven track record of successfully leading work-streams within change/client engagements
* Strong client relationship, stakeholder management and inter-personal skills, with a proven track record of dealing and influencing stakeholders
* Good commercial awareness, sound reporting skills and the ability to work under your own initiative
* Excellent oral and written communication skills (ie report writing)
* The ability to apply independent judgement during engagements and to support conclusions reached to senior level personnel both internally and externally
* Very strong attention to detail
* Strong power-point skills
Must be agile and interested in working in an ever changing environment and on different types of projects in the capital markets arena
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.