4 months ago
The Global Mobility Team is responsible for the management, coordination, administration and compliance of all international assignments and relocations. The Global Mobility team, based in London, works to develop, implement and manage comprehensive global assignment policies and processes and provide an efficient, cost-effective and consistent service delivery around the world. The Global Mobility team support the business’ strategy of developing a flexible and globally mobile work force through the work that they do.
The Global Mobility team are:
Accountable for the global mobility policy and for its implementation. They advise the business on assignments and variations to policy that may arise.
Accountable for the delivery of mobility services both directly and through outsourced suppliers
Accountable for the management of all costs that relate to the relocation of people such as shipping, temporary housing and home search.
The Global Mobility team provide specialist support and advice to all offices and alliance firms as required.
Key responsibilities and challenges
* Provide cost projections for assignments to the business. Support the advising of Managers, Partners and HR colleagues on how assignments should be managed to ensure they are cost effective and consistent.
* Support the HR Advisory teams in all offices through the provision of specialist advice.
* Responsible for ensuring all parties are aware of assignments and the relevant actions have been put in place.
* Responsible for ensuring that all the assignment documentation is correctly issued and filed.
* Responsible for the monitoring of immigration regulations and compliance to them.
* Respond to ad-hoc queries relating to immigration from assignees, HR teams in all offices, Partners and staff.
* Respond to ad hoc issues relating to any aspect of an assignment or international move.
* Support the Global Mobility Manager to manage the outbound London assignee salary and bonus review each year and support the coordination with all offices at salary and bonus review to ensure that the inbound London assignees process is completed.
* Responsible for the review of all assignment terms on a global basis to ensure accuracy.
* Make the required initiations with the outsourced providers’ agreements and monitor progress of all moves as appropriate.
* Liaise with all offices on the performance of the providers and hold monthly meetings with them to review actions plans and current work load.
* Support the ongoing review and updating of the global mobility policy to ensure the policy meets business needs. Present proposals to ExCom for discussion and agreement.
* Manage compliance to the policy escalating exceptions to the Global Mobility Manager as appropriate.
* Assist the Global Mobility Manager to manage the review of the assignment allowances, per diem rates and fixed exchange rates on a bi-annual basis.
* Liaise with data providers to question any unusual figures or data and respond to internal queries or action as appropriate.
Characteristics and skills:
* Highly organised
* Sensitive to emotive issues yet able to use common sense when applying policies
* Logical thinker
* Tenacious and determined
* Calm, confident personality
* Effective communicator and able to deal with people confidently at all levels
* Good attention to detail
* Adaptable and flexible
* Willing to challenge at the senior level
* Strong team skills
* Some counselling / negotiation skills
* Experience of handling assignees or employees and dealing with their questions
* Understanding of SAP actions
* Broad understanding of immigration legislation
* Previous experience in a global mobility role
* Numerate with an ability to analyse and present data in an easily understandable format
* Computer literate, proficient at excel and word applications
* Excellent administrative skills
* Commercial awareness, Understanding of roles and levels within the firm