9 months ago
Posted on December 21, 2017
No matter where our clients are in today’s competitive real estate market, advice with a global perspective is indispensable. Our clients need a team by their side to navigate this rapidly changing legal environment that’s often complicated by multijurisdictional issues. Whether they are an investor, lender, developer, landowner or tenant, a buyer or seller of real estate, they know the challenges of this market—and want experienced counsel from people who understand all their real estate needs.
At Dentons, we bring strong, established local, regional and global experience and know-how to help our clients succeed in all their real estate ventures and projects. With over 500 real estate lawyers and our commitment to an integrated approach, we give clients the comfort of a global presence with a deep understanding of the local real estate terrain. Because opportunities don’t wait, we anticipate trends and react with speed and certainty on client's behalf, collaborating with them every step of the way.
Whether our clients need expertise in real estate leasing, project finance, acquisition and disposition, development, construction, or investment, or they need the services of astute counsel to resolve a real estate dispute, our team of committed, respected professionals across the globe is keen to help our clients succeed. Where their needs extend beyond real estate, Dentons offers a panoply of legal expertise and services worldwide in all business-related areas, including: insolvency and debt restructuring, environmental and regulatory compliance, corporate structuring, taxation, and cross-border matters, to name but a few.
Purpose of role
The purpose of this role is to provide effective conveyancing paralegal support for plot purchase and sales for residential developers, and additional property support.
* Working as part of a team of paralegals, this role will include preparation of documentation for the set up of new residential estates, and other plot specific documentation
* Carrying out the full spectrum of plot sales work, working as part of a team and individually, with a high level of direct contact with clients and other solicitors
* To carry out colleague instructions on client matters and ensure work is carried out accurately and completed within required deadlines
* To prioritise and deal with incoming correspondence to clients / other solicitors and ensure that responses are provided within required timescales
* To draft documentation and correspondence to clients / other solicitors ensuring all salient points are covered accurately and clearly
Required experience, skills and attributes
* Ideally significant experience in residential conveyancing paralegal work gained in a similar commercial law firm environment
* Conveyancing paralegal qualification
* Ability to apply own legal initiative as an integral member of the team
* Proven ability to communicate well at all levels
* Enthusiasm and a desire to enjoy client contact, with ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients of all levels
* Experience of using Solcase or Visual Files would be advantageous, but is not essential as training will be provided
* Proven ability to organise and prioritise effectively
* Able to demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to change
* Proven ability to solve problems and deal with clients matters
* Strong aspirations to achieve
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.