7 months ago
Posted on September 20, 2018
People, Reward and Mobility
Dentons’ Global Employment and Labour Group includes over 400 lawyers, spread across our offices, who represent organisations in connection with employment and benefits related litigation, corporate and governmental investigations, executive compensation and counselling projects.
With our global presence and contacts, we are one of only a few firms that can provide multinational businesses with a coordinated solution for all their employment and benefits needs throughout the world. We work with an interesting variety of clients across all sectors, with specific expertise in retail, transport and hospitality.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Associate to join our growing practice in Glasgow.
You can expect a board mix of work ranging from HR advisory, employment tribunal litigation, M&A and outsourcing, working with clients like Virgin Atlantic, Edrington, Menzies plc and Royal Mail Group.
You will maintain client relationships, contribute to business development and thought leadership, raising your own profile and supporting the continued growth of the practice.
The Dentons platform provides a fantastic opportunity for individuals to progress their career and be part of a growing practice. We are looking for people who are excited by the opportunity to contribute to that growth, whilst developing their own expertise. The UK employment practice work as one team across Edinburgh, Glasgow, London and Milton Keynes.
Purpose of role
The focus of the team is on stand alone employment law work but we also provide support to the corporate, restructuring, TMT and real estate departments. As a result, this role would give you the chance to get involved in work and with a variety of clients rarely available.
We advise on all aspects of employment law and on workforce-related issues and matters. Our employment lawyers are known for their creative, business-savvy counselling skills and, when necessary, their results-driven, highly successful litigation practice. You would also work closely with our Reward, pensions and Immigration specialists, working on large global projects with other Associates across the Dentons network, whilst being based in our Glasgow office, these projects are otherwise not available in the Scottish market.
* You will take a supporting role on a variety of transactions across a range of sectors
* Build and maintain client relationships
* Advise on day to day employment law issues for a variety of clients
* Act in the defense of employment tribunal litigation
* Contribute to thought leadership and raise the profile of the firm externally
Required experience, skills and attributes
The successful individual will ideally have experience of:
* Most, if not all, aspects of pure employment work e.g. employment tribunal claims, advising on grievances, disciplinaries and employment relations matters;
* Advising on TUPE, outsourcing agreements, restructuring and redundancies;
* Employment transactional support work e.g. drafting the employment section of due diligence reports, negotiating warranties and indemnities;
* Legal research on key employment issues;
* Drafting and reviewing staff handbooks, contracts, policies and procedures;
* Client seminars and training;
* This role would be suitable for those looking to build on their current experience and gain exposure to high quality employment work.
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.
Diversity & Inclusion
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and encouraging diversity. This is right for our staff and for our business.
Our promotion of diversity helps us achieve our aims: by creating and maintaining a firm-wide culture of inclusion, the unique talents and potential of all our workforce can be recognised, encouraged and supported.
Diversity and Inclusion are becoming increasingly important to our clients and many now seek appropriate assurance that we match their own corporate aspirations in this regard.
We are proud that in the Firm's most recent staff engagement survey 78% of respondents felt that we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences and that everyone is given equal opportunities for career development.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.