10 months ago
Closing Date: 16/02/2018
The basic purpose of the job and its primary objectives are to:
To work within Horwich Farrelly’s award-winning counter fraud team to investigate a caseload of potentially fraudulent or exaggerated insurance claims.
* To investigate a range of different case types including LSI, phantom passengers, slam ons, etc.
* To collaborate with Horwich Farrelly’s Intelligence Services team and external third party agents/experts (e.g. Forensic Engineers, Enquiry Agents, Surveillance).
* Ensure effective case management and the production of high quality work on own files and any other files where assistance or cover is provided.
* To assist Partners and Senior Fee Earners with highly complex cases (e.g. Contempt of Court).
* To comply with all litigation dates, and attend hearings as and when required.
* Ensure that all cases are dealt with in compliance with Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and Law Society Practice Management Standards.
* To comply with client service level agreements.
* Comply with the firm’s Data Protection Policy.
The successful candidate:
* Litigation experience (essential)
* Recent and proven file handling experience in a similar role (essential)
* Counter- Fraud experience is advantageous but not essential
* Experience of communicating and working with clients in a similar role
* Excellent organisation and communication skills, both written and verbal
* The ability to work effectively under pressure
* Confident and proficient in direct outbound/inbound telephone communication with clients
* The ability to run an effective diary system
* Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
* The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team