10 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Our Financial Institutions Group acts for high profile clients on a domestic and international level. We advise on payment systems, regulation and mobile payments, providing advice to banks, building societies, card issuers, payment providers and IT framework providers. We act on cutting edge matters involving new legislation (including PSD2) and the development of new banking products and methods for our clients.
We are now looking for an experienced lawyer – of around 2 to 6 years’ PQE - to join our Financial Institutions Group in Manchester.
• You will provide strategic and commercial legal advice, supporting the Partners and wider team.
• Your time may be spent drafting and/or reviewing terms and conditions, advising on compliance issues, providing large scale regulatory reviews, advising on banking processes or providing client training.
• As an integral part of the team, you will handle some of your own matters under supervision.
• You will be pro-active and willing to get involved in business development, contributing to the strategic direction of the team.
• You will have access to sector specialists and be expected to work with these contacts across the firm to help develop growth areas for the team.
• You will work on high profile, high value and complex matters.
Skills and experience:
We are looking for a lawyer of 2 - 6 years’ PQE working within a high performing Financial Services team on a variety of complex issues. A band of PQE as advertised does not preclude applications from those candidates that may have more or less PQE. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to how long we would expect a qualified lawyer to have practised so as to have gained the necessary skills for the role as described.
• Strong technical skills, commercial acumen and excellent academic qualifications, with a degree classification of 2:1 or higher.
• Ability to analyse complex factual situations and distil the key issues clearly and concisely. You will provide a first rate client service both internally and externally.
• Exposure to business development activities and a good understanding of how to win work would be desirable.
• To be successful, you must be able to operate at a fast pace in a vibrant open plan environment. You will use your strong communication skills to build effective relationships with existing and new clients, introducing clients to other teams or practice groups.
• Demonstration of a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile to ensure we are able to meet our clients’ needs.
You should be a team player, client focused and a good communicator, with a practical approach to your workload.
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We’re driven by new ideas; we’re excited by new approaches; and we’re also refreshingly down-to-earth. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through.
At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
We’re committed to ensuring that you have the chance to maximise your potential. We offer a comprehensive programme of specialised technical training, skills-based modules, management development programmes, courses and conferences.
Email this vacancy to a friend