2 months ago
Stowe Family Law is the largest specialist Family Law Firm in the country; currently with 16 offices across England and Wales. After private equity investment in 2017, Stowe has experienced significant organic growth and with aggressive expansion plans for new offices this is a fast-moving firm in the legal sector. As a result, our Finance Department is busy and evolving; we now have an opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to work closely with the Chief Finance Officer and lead the day to day running of the department. This is a hands-on operational role with the opportunity to contribute towards the firm’s financial and operational strategy.
Based out of our Harrogate office and reporting to the CFO, your role will have visibility across the business to support the CFO on the future development and progression of the finance department, manage the finance team and deliver financial support to the business.
The day to day running of the Finance Department includes all aspects of financial management and financial control of the systems and processes including:
* Manage a team of 10 to maximise profitability, optimise cash flow and cash management, and ownership of the budgeting and forecasting process
* Support the CFO with ongoing operational and strategic projects to support the rapidly growing business
* Manage the Billing and Credit Control teams to minimise bad debt exposure and optimise the working capital and billing cycles
* Statutory accounts preparation and ensure compliance with statutory and SRA audits
* Oversee daily, weekly and monthly KPI reporting and analysis
* Manage capital expenditure and ensure processes are appropriate and adhered to
To be successful in this role you’ll utilise your experience working within a Financial Controller role in a multisite, professional services business and preferably:
* ACA qualified; or similar
* Strategic and operational background to drive the business forward
* Be comfortable working within a constantly changing environment
* Commercial ability to complement financial knowledge and ability
* A problem solver, flexible and adaptable in a changing environment and business.
We offer a competitive salary and opportunities for career progression due to our nationwide expansion plans. We have a mature culture centered around teamwork in a warm and friendly environment. We also have a benefits package including BUPA medical cash plan, 25 days holiday, life assurance policy, season ticket loans, discounted legal fees, flexible working and much more.