To support fee earners to ensure efficient progression of cases and to ensure effective case management processes are followed to meet agreed internal and external KPIs within Claims Solutions
• Being the point of contact for the client when the principal fee earner is unavailable
• Chasing/Diarising Court directions
• Obtaining and reviewing medical records
• Liaising with Courts, Claimant solicitors, counsel, witnesses, medical and other experts.
o Taking proofs of evidence and drafting statements
o Drafting witness summonses
o Obtaining police reports
o Arranging appointments for examinations
o Instructing experts
• Preparing instructions to Counsel
o Preparing Disclosure lists
o Drafting pleadings
• You will be required to handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
• Ensure work is carried out effectively to meet the needs of the clients, the commercial requirements of the firm and the quality standards to include
o Adherence to internal and client SLAs, KPIs and protocols
o Achievement of agreed financial targets
• Experience of working within the legal profession and as a litigation paralegal is essential.
• Having some prior experience in running own caseload would be advantageous
• Experience in Defendant insurance litigation is not essential but would be advantageous. An interest in this area is a must.
• IT literate - competent in Word, Excel, Outlook and ideally experience of a case management system and electronic working
• Good telephone manner
• Excellent attention to detail with a concern for quality and accuracy
• Able to make decisions within own areas of responsibility
• Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision
• A high level of personal compliance with firm protocols and procedures
• Good legal knowledge relevant to their area of expertise
• Good organisation skills, able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload and meet conflicting demands
• High standard of written and oral communication skills
• Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
• Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues.
• Excellent all-round communication skills and the ability to engage effectively with different audiences at all levels
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Chambers UK, the leading legal guide's 2017 edition, the firm received 57 rankings with 36 of our total listings in either Band 1 or Band 2, as well as 99 Ranked Lawyers.
In The Legal 500 UK 2016, one of the leading guides to law firms in the UK, the firm received 105 practice area rankings, over half of which are Tier 1 and 2. In addition to team rankings, 18 of our lawyers have been listed in the elite "leading individuals" list, some in multiple categories, and 161 colleagues are "recommended" in the editorial.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.