11 months ago
We are looking for Fee Earners with experience in running holiday sickness files for a law firm in Cheshire.
Duties will include,
* Action Tasks on a daily basis
* Instructing medical experts
* Monitoring claims on a daily basis and taking appropriate action where necessary
* Instructing and corresponding with foreign experts in relation to local standard reports.
* Arranging for the translation of foreign documentation
* Vetting the claim to ensure relevant criteria is met in relation to liability, causation and quantum
* Assess and review booking documentation
* Sending out relevant letters to clients, witnesses, employers, etc.
* To prepare and calculate Schedules of Loss setting out losses incurred as a result of the illness including loss of enjoyment of the holiday
* Liaising with Insurance Companies verbally and written
* Carrying out checks on the internet such as Trip advisor and newspapers for similar illnesses
* Issuing and managing litigated files
* Inbound and outbound client contact throughout their claim
* Reviewing medical records, medical reports etc.
* To successfully settle the client's compensation claim when appropriate
* Instructing and corresponding with Counsel
Skills & Knowledge
* Software: Word, Outlook, Excel, Proclaim
* Attention to detail
* Organisation and admin skills
* Legal Knowledge of Pre-Action Protocol and Court Process along with knowledge of Court Documents
* Communication skills: written and verbal
* Legal knowledge of running a caseload and the Pre-Action Protocol applicable to claims outside of England and Wales
* Internal and external documentation and claims handling processes
* Ability to work individually or part as a team
* Research and investigative skills
Full time permanent position.
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close