Job Title: Fee Earner
Reports to: Operations Manager
We are looking for a fee earner to join our growing legal departments.
This person will dedicate their self to providing a high level of customer service while working in a fast paced, target driven environment.
Are you an experienced litigator in a different area of law looking for a new challenge?
Are you from a financial services background and want to move to a legal career?
Are you a recent law graduate looking for an exciting opportunity?
If yes, then get in touch as we have opportunities at all experience levels at this time of growth.
- Progress a caseload of claims in an efficient and effective manner.
- Being the first point of call to advise your clients and keep them up to date.
- Review of lender and broker file of papers to assess liability.
- Review of mortgage auditor reports to assess liability and quantum.
- Liaising with the FSCS through their online portal.
- Negotiation with third parties, their insurers or solicitors to achieve the best outcomes for our clients.
- Drafting schedules of loss and Court Proceedings where appropriate.
- Liaising with Counsel and other experts.
- To adhere to and contribute to internal processes.
- Contribute to business objectives and profitability.
- Strong communications skills and excellent time management.
- Commitment to deliver excellent client and operational outcomes.
- Proactive team player.
- Experience of managing your own caseload is desirable
- Litigation experience is desirable
- Competitive basic salary
- 20 days holiday per year (that increases with service), plus bank holidays, plus Christmas closure
- Company sponsored Health Cash Plan
- Flexibility around start/finish times
- Modern office in excellent city centre location
- Friendly, professional and supportive culture
- Social events such as “Fizz Friday” and York races