Busy High Street firm has a position for a Family Law Solicitor. This position is suitable for candidates NQ up to 3 years PQE but are happy to accept those with higher experience. You should have experience of conducting your own advocacy and it would be advantageous if you have Children Panel Membership.
Candidates who are prepared to work towards panel membership will be considered. You will be responsible for managing a caseload consisting of Public and Private Children, Divorce and Matrimonial matters. You will need to be able to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide expert legal support and advice to client’s on a specific area of law.
SCOPE OF JOB
To provide advice in connection with all aspects of Family Law to include Divorce, Children Act Proceedings, Non-Molestation Orders.
KEY RESULTS REQUIRED OF THE JOB
To provide the client with advice with which they understand and are then able to make informed decisions.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meeting and interviewing client.
- Making client’s instructions.
- Advising the client on the law and legal issues relating to their case.
- Drafting documents, letters and contracts tailored to the client’s individual needs.
- Negotiating with client’s and other professionals to secure agreed objectives.
- Researching and analysing documents and Case Law to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure.
- Supervising the implementation of agreement.
- Co-ordinating the work of all parties involved.
- Corresponding with client’s and opposing Solicitors.
- Attending meetings and negotiating with opposing Solicitors.
- Acting on behalf of client’s in disputes and representing them in Court if necessary.
- Instructing Counsel to appear in Court for the client in complexed disputes.
- Preparing papers for Court.
- Working in a team and liaising with other fee earners where necessary.
- Supervising and delegating work to Legal Secretaries as appropriate.
- Arranging and attending further client meetings where necessary to progress with the case and finalise documentation.
- Checking all documentation prior to signing and implementing.
- Family law supervisor and file reviewer.
- Administrative duties for example completing time sheets so that charges for work can be calculated, billing clients for work done on their behalf.
- Taking referrals from other firms of Solicitors when a conflict of interest arises, or if they have no specialist practitioner available.
- Keeping up to date changes and developments in the law by reading journals and law reports.
- Undertaking a range of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities throughout their career.
- Dictating all notes of attendance/preparation for time recording purposes.
- To report to the Principal any matter which they consider may be appropriate for report to the Solicitors Regulation Authority and/or our Insurers.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Qualified Solicitor
- Member of the Children Law Accreditation Scheme
- Experience in Family/Children Law work