4 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
The Facilities Support Team offers excellent customer service and advice to all stakeholders and is responsible for ensuring the Facilities Function proactively supports the internal client within the building providing a comprehensive list of tasks. This would include but not be limited to: all postal services for the business, porterage, monitoring and ordering the stationery supplies, office moves, internal meeting rooms, conducting health & safety risk assessments, floor checks, statutory compliance check lists, minor maintenance tasks (including all service-desk requests) and admin duties.
The successful candidate will lead the Facilities Support team with a ‘hands on’ style, leading by example and maintaining best practice within the team. Proactively carry out routine health & safety tasks along with managing both reactive & proactive maintenance in and around the premises. They will also have some responsibility for various EHS management, and management of contractors under the guidance of the AFM/RFM.
To line manage the team of three Facilities Support Assistants. Ensuring all client facing areas and office functions are maintained to a high standard. To assist the AFM and RFM manage all facilities functions.
• Lead, motivate and develop the Facilities Support Team
• Monitor and review staff performance through coaching and development, utilising all relevant training available
• Safeguard the efficient and cost effective operation of the Post Room, ensuring all post and courier items are dealt with according to reasonable SLAs and the demands of the business
• Control the purchasing of office equipment, furniture, stationery etc. maintaining compliance with purchasing policies and procedures in a cost effective manner
• Supervise Contractors in line with H&S best practice, issuing Permits to work as needed ensuring SLA’s & KPI’s are monitored and non-performance is highlighted to the AFM
• Operationally work as part of the Facilities Team
• Supervise the Facilities Software System (Remedy). Maintaining progress of all tasks ensuring works are carried out to a high standard and effective communication is maintained.
• Roll out all new procedures developed within the FM team or through Service to the business
• Be responsible for the fabric maintenance and housekeeping of the office space.
• Provide support with office moves when required
• Fulfil administration requirements of the Safety & Environmental Management System meeting all targets and requests of the EHS Manager and their team.
• Weekend and /or evening work may be required on an adhoc basis
• Ensure cross-function relationships are maintained to enabling a constant high level of service across all Facilities functions.
The Team Leader will work with the Assistant Facilities Manager and the Regional Facilities Manager.
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will have excellent communications skills both written and oral, will have a good understanding of all Microsoft packages with understanding of permit to work systems and accident reporting. The Team Leader will need an understanding of basic finance and budgets in order to maintain the department within the budgetary constraints. They will have experience of managing a team in a corporate environment, leading the team proactively, instigating innovations, interrogating existing process and procedures and developing new and enhanced ideas whilst driving efficiencies. Some Facilities experience would be desirable and a passion for excellent customer service.
The key competencies are the ability to:
• 1-2-1 coaching and mentoring to improve performance, productivity and engagement of team.
• Proactive and dedicated attitude to work.
• Strong ability to motivate and influence team members.
• Monitoring and improvement of team performance and productivity
• Prioritise and demonstrate excellent time management
• Work effectively under pressure in a high volume, customer-oriented environment
• Act decisively within a team environment to solve facilities challenges.
• Strong communication skills at all levels of the business with a collaborative approach to achieving success.
• Good planning and organisation skills.
• Good understanding of Health & Safety, preferably IOSH trained
• Space Planning experience required, use of CAD preferred
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds Sutherland endeavors to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds Sutherland operates within a preferred supplier list.