8 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
The Facilities Support Team offers excellent customer service and advice to all stakeholders and is responsible for ensuring the Facilities Function proactively supports the internal client within the building providing a comprehensive list of tasks. This would include but not be limited to: all postal services for the business, porterage, monitoring and ordering the stationery supplies, office moves, internal meeting rooms, conducting health & safety risk assessments, floor checks, statutory compliance check lists, minor maintenance tasks (including all service-desk requests) and admin duties.
The facilities support team proactively support the internal client within the building providing a comprehensive list of functions inclusive of postal services for the business, monitoring the stationery supplies and the reconfiguration and preparation of meeting rooms.
The role involves working independently and within the team to deliver the following:-
• Carrying out all post room duties inclusive of sorting and delivering of internal mail throughout the building.
• The cost effective and efficient processing of external mail to ensure delivery deadlines are met
• Supporting the Facilities team leader to control and monitor all stationery supplies inclusive of purchasing, storage and delivery.
• Setting out of meeting rooms as per the booking information, to ensure the layout and functionality of the equipment is as requested.
• Checking of all areas of the building on a regular basis to ensure they are maintained to a high standard
• Working within the team to ensure efficient collection and delivery of mail, dx and courier services are provided in a ‘cost’ effective manner.
• Support the archivist function to ensure items are recorded, retrieved and disposed of in accordance with correct procedures.
• Provide support with office moves when required. This may involve some weekend or evening work
• The jobholder may be asked to carry out minor repairs, and office moves etc within their limit of expertise. It is therefore essential that a ‘team’ spirited environment is maintained for delivery of this service
• The health, safety and welfare of our clients, visitors and staff is of paramount importance and it is therefore essential that they support a safe working environment with particular reference to adherence of the current health & safety at work regulations and the Eversheds Health & Safety Policy.
• Regular communication with building users, seeking opportunities to develop and promote the facilities contribution to the overall business success.
• Maintaining levels of support services appropriate to meet the business requirements.
• Ensuring high levels of customer care to both internal customers and external clients and visitors. This includes quality of the workspace along with good standards of housekeeping throughout the building and associated areas.
• Working within the team to ensure the delivery of agreed KPIs appropriate to the business and consistent with facilities regional objectives.
• As the role can be ‘customer’ facing presentation and having a professional manner is of prime importance and thus the jobholder must adhere to the dress code at all times. A uniform will be provided.
• The jobholder may from time to time be required to carry out any additional service oriented functions associated with the delivery of quality facilities services to the company and it’s clients.
Skills and experience:
• The ability to communicate at all levels and the ability to objectively judge situations and take appropriate action.
• Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to be flexible to support the business needs
• Good working knowledge of MS office, including Word, Excel, Outlook
• Pro-active and flexible to a changing environment
• Strong organisational skills
• Analytical Skills
• Numerate & Literate
• Team Player
• Ability to meet quality standards/deadlines
• Previous experience of working in a facilities environment
• Have a keen eye for detail with regard to standards
• Experience in challenging and dealing with external suppliers
• Ability to work on their own initiative as well as a team, have excellent customer-care skills, good written ability and be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
The key competencies are the ability to:
• Suitable applicants must be enthusiastic, well presented with a can-do attitude.
• Experience of working in the legal service environment or a similar blue chip organisation would be preferable.
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds Sutherland endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds Sutherland operates within a preferred supplier list.