10 months ago
Experienced Legal Secretary/PA – Commercial Property Edgerton Office
We are looking to recruit a full time Experienced Legal Secretary/PA based at our Edgerton office working within the busy Commercial Property department. Assisting the Head of Department you will be working predominately one-to-one but will be required to assist where required across the department. You will have a strong legal secretarial background with a positive ‘can do’ attitude’.
Overview, skills and experience
* To provide effective secretarial and administrative support to the fee earner to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency
* Excellent word processing and audio typing skills
* Efficient and well organised, with good diary control
* An effective communicator, both orally, and in writing, who is confident dealing with clients and third parties
* The ability to work to deadlines
* Previous experience as a legal secretary in either commercial or residential property is preferred
* To prepare correspondence and documents.
* Administration of client files, which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained on the Intranet.
* To keep filing up to date and ensure that files are tidy and lexcel compliant.
* To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for their fee earner.
* To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
* Endeavour to resolve client and third party queries where applicable without fee earner intervention and pass any urgent and/or outstanding issues to the fee earner for guidance.
* To keep dictation up to date within agreed time-scales and advise when outside of time-scale - to be agreed with individual fee earner.
* Demonstrate a proactive attitude towards continuous improvement and development.
* To ensure billing is completed on a monthly basis.
* To provide guidance to junior staff as required.
* To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and client's documentation and information.
The successful candidate will enjoy a busy and varied support role. You will be a conscientious and thorough team player who takes pride in delivering quality work.
Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience, and the firm offers a benefits package, as well as realistic opportunities for development and progression. Apply now for immediate consideration with CV and cover letter.