4 months ago
Experienced Costs Draftsperson
Express Solicitors are a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. We cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier’s liability, road traffic accidents, employer’s liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters. At Express, we pride ourselves in the work we do helping injured people.
We are LEXCEL and Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of our Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel and one of our Partners is a member of the Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
We are currently looking for an experienced Costs Draftsperson.
The ideal candidate will possess 1 to 3 years’ experience working either in house or for an external supplier of costs drafting services. They will have experience of preparing bill and supplementary documents for Detailed Assessment on multi track cases. The candidate must have a good experience drafting cost budgets and dealing with budget discussions and preparations for Costs and Case Management Hearings.
This is an exciting opportunity with excellent career development prospects for the right candidate, offers great career prospects, as the firm offers training contracts or support through the ACL qualification, for those candidates who prove themselves.
* Drafting formal bills for Detailed Assessment
* Drafting Budgets
* Attending Budget conference meetings
* Dealing with budget discussions and hearing preparation
* Drafting Instructions to counsel on budget matters
* Budget Revision Work
* 2 year’s multi track personal injury claimant costs experience.
* Completion of a legal qualification (LLB, GDL, LPC)
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Drafting skills associated with completing Precedent H, R and Q and finalising Red line bills
* Experience of dealing with post CCMC work on behalf of the Claimant
* Experience of holding budget discussions
* Experience of working to target
* You will have a flexible approach, and be able to respond to rapid changes in working schedules and priorities. For this you will need to be organised and able to communicate clearly with people at all levels.
* Applicants should be committed and hardworking individuals who enjoy operating in a pressurised and highly motivated team environment. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative with the minimum of supervision.
* Knowledge of time recording procedures
* Working knowledge of the Civil Procedures Rules and Detailed Assessment process.
* Analytical skills and attention to detail are essential.
* The Candidate must consistently produce work which is highly accurate and well-presented.
* The role involves the use of IT systems and therefore computer literacy, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, is essential.
* Experience of using Proclaim Case Management System and Costs Master software.
* Experience of working in house.
8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday
Salary & Package
We always endeavour to recruit and retain the best staff around. To do so we offer competitive remuneration packages, ongoing training and development opportunities and a wide variety of interesting and challenging work. Additionally, we also offer the following incentives:
* Salary – generous basic depending on experience plus commission.
* 20 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 23 days, plus bank/public hols. In addition the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you are not required to use your holiday entitlement for this period
* 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
* Private medical insurance available after 2 years’ service
* Death In Service – 2 x salary based on annual salary only – eligibility commences when you join the company
* Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
* Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24 hour helpline, Legal info and CBT – available immediately
* Free fruit delivered twice a week
Our employees are our most important asset and it’s our employees who have made Express Solicitors the success it is today. Our recruitment process consolidates that success.
At Express Solicitors, we rate skill and ability above all else and therefore our recruitment policy encourages applications from all.