22 days ago
BRODIES RECRUITMENT COURAGE, CHARACTER, CARE, COLLEGIATE, COLLABORATIVE
Brodies LLP is the largest law firm headquartered in Scotland measured by income, directory
rankings, and lawyer numbers. With more than 700 people working across Aberdeen, Dingwall,
Edinburgh, and Glasgow, we combine the individual expertise of our colleagues, from all areas
of our business, so that we can deliver Enlightened Thinking - new knowledge and new legal
possibilities that are uniquely suited to each of our clients in Scotland, the UK and
Executive Assistant – Government Regulation and Competition Team
Based in Edinburgh REPORTING TO
Secretarial Resource Manager
To work as part of a team in the provision of executive assistant supporting our GRC Team and
Chairman, Christine O’Neill. This is within the Litigation practice area primarily in our Edinburgh office.
The Executive Assistant will also be required to provide support to assist the Litigation practice area as a
whole, whilst ensuring the provision of an efficient and quality service to Brodies external clients.
• Diary management – make and amend appointments and consultations, arrange meeting
rooms, track responses and organise refreshments if required, anticipate weekly schedules
and prepare for legal colleagues.
• Anticipate requirements for meeting i.e. organise papers; produce itinerary, directions,
• Follow up on meetings (i.e. contact details/further appointments required).
• Proactively organises partner management information.
• Update all contacts (Outlook/Apex) and identify appropriate distribution lists.
• Liaise with clients in organising events.
• Proactive mailbox management – ensure documentation copied to client folder (as
required), flag important emails and ensure dealt with, checking lawyer inbox when out of
office/in meetings and action important/urgent emails where appropriate.
• Must maintain intimate knowledge of current affairs in office and be able to deal with clients
and third parties on a day to day basis via e-mail, phone or in person, ensuring that
accurate messages are communicated and dealt with professional and proactively.
• Maintain tidy office environment in terms of the “Less Paper” guidelines.
• Type and amend any confidential emails and correspondence to a high level and in
compliance with Brodies preferred document styling.
• Mail merge.
• Proactively draft basic correspondence with minimal input.
• Draft presentation slides and other training materials.
• File documents in appropriate location both electronically and in hard copy.
• Open new clients and matters on Elite using information from client papers.
• Prepares CD bibles.
• Organise expense claim forms and collate necessary receipts.
• Pay invoices in compliance with office internal procedures. Follow up process with relevant
practice area through to completion. Complete appropriate cash forms as required.
• Assist with Billing, attend team meetings, prepare billing tables for legal colleagues to sign
off on and maintain responsibility for monthly printouts and closing of files.
• Prepare and update papers for counsel and external experts, including photocopying and
scanning where necessary.
• Assist with the production and lodging of Court papers.
• Undertake some specialist duties e.g. finance, marketing/business development, mail
merge and paralegal.
• Organises team training.
• Ensure scanned documents are saved to DMS in the relevant folders.
• Source travel and accommodation and liaise with group credit card holder to confirm
• Minute taking where appropriate.
• PBarortdicieips aiste c oinm tmhiett erod ttao feoqru laulnityc,h dtiimveers citoy v&e trh aen cdre partoiovni doef aans sinicsltuasnivcee wdourrki negn vhiroolnidmaeynst/ awbhseeren cneo. p artner,
employee, potential employee or job applicant receives less favourable treatment. We value the skills, experience
• Provide assistance to other Executive Assistants in the Litigation team as required and and perspective that a diverse and representative workforce offers us in terms of our ability to deliver top class under the direction of the Secretarial Resource Manager. legal services to our clients.