We have a fantastic new opportunity for a highly motivated, professional Executive Assistant to join our Private Client team in Putney, South West London.
The successful candidate will work in a supportive collegiate team that is widely recognised for its expertise in this area.
The Private Client team handles high quality work including: the administration of complex estates; advising on residence and domicile; cross-border issues; advising individuals on the tax implications of family breakdown; succession planning for family businesses and entrepreneurs; the creation, administration and taxation of trusts; advising on and drafting wills; taxation advice; and advising on capacity issues. Our client base is varied but we act for high-net worth individuals and their families who are UK based as well as international clients.
Main purpose of job:
- Proactively to support designated fee earners to provide excellent service to clients and prospective clients.
- To promote the provision of an outstanding experience of the Firm to everyone externally and internally dealing with the Firm and the department.
- To provide high quality support to the department.
- To take responsibility for departmental administrative processes.
- To monitor and facilitate departmental compliance with Firm-wide systems.
- To oversee and direct designated Administrative Assistants.
- To provide a source of information and expertise in relation to the operation of systems.
- To solve problems and make suggestions for continuous improvements in working practices and procedures.
- To work effectively and cooperatively with any other Executive Assistants in the department to ensure the efficient division of responsibilities where appropriate and the maintenance of effective team working.
- To identify any opportunities and to provide personally occasional fee paying services to clients.
Key Personal Characteristics
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong organisational and time management skills to facilitate the efficient administration of multiple documents, whilst working to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, able to develop good working relationships with clients and third parties.
- Attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Strong literacy and spelling ability and a high level of IT literacy/ proficiency.
- Numeracy and ability to understand financial ledgers.
- A team player and willingness to contribute to the success of the team/department and who works collaboratively with colleagues. A person who contributes to high team morale.
- Maintaining an interest in and understanding of the basic legal principles and procedures in the relevant work areas.
- To have a reasonable awareness of conduct and negligence risks so as to be able to raise any circumstances of concern where these are observed.
- An ability to take initiative.
- Proactive, energetic and supportive, responding well to challenges and being very committed to outstanding client service and team success.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to read the full job description before submitting their applications.