12 months ago
The Equity and Debt Markets Group is part of the capital markets practice of the firm. EDM has had a leading market position for some time now, and as part of a global practice, we also have a strong presence in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
EDM has an enviable client base comprising of most of the major investment banks whom we advise in their lead manager capacity and big name issuer clients. The fact that we act for both issuers and managers on capital markets transactions is a strength, as associates see both sides of a transaction. We also have a trustee department advising trustees on debt deals, as well as an established liability management practice.
Key Responsibilities and Challenges
Associates work on both equity deals (initial public offerings, global offerings, private placements, block trades) and debt deals (medium term note issues, standalone bonds, regulatory capital and hybrid instruments) and we have a first class reputation in equity-linked deals (convertibles, exchangeables, warrants).
You will work on innovative and pioneering deals which are often cross-border transactions. For example, we frequently act on emerging market transactions such as Russian and Ukrainian deals, and travel is often required. You will need to have excellent transaction management skills and be able to undertake complex analyses of legal issues. You will be expected to take initiative in driving through transactions, although support on a partner, peer and trainee level is always available.
As part of a global and large practice, teamwork is vital and you will often work alongside with colleagues in our overseas offices.
· Taking initial instructions internally or externally, delegating where appropriate;
· Research, due diligence and information management; and
· Drafting and reviewing documentation, demonstrating familiarity with precedents and market standards.
Client Relationship Management
· Taking a lead role in advising the client under appropriate supervision;
· Providing commercial and legal advice to the client; and
· Demonstrating thorough market knowledge to identify current trends and concerns in relevant industry sectors. Able to present ideas to the client to resolve current market issues and anticipate potential problems.
· Supervising team and demonstrating control (particularly of documentation) through effective delegation;
· Debriefing at the end of a matter or at other appropriate stages;
· Co-ordinating, coaching and monitoring the work of others to facilitate achievement of objectives;
· Effective organisation of documentation and project plans; and
· Managing meetings effectively by setting clear objectives and agendas and encouraging other’s participation.
· Networking with client to capitalise on new business opportunities; and
· Contributing to quality know-how and transaction bibles and their upkeep.
· Delivering practice specific training to develop junior associates;
· Coaching less experienced associates and trainees; and
· Regularly giving and seeking clear performance feedback to/from others.
Please note this role will be open from 30 May 2018 to 29 June 2018. A competitive remuneration package will be offered
We are looking for candidates who have one to three years’ post qualification experience.
We are looking for candidates who have experience in equity and debt markets.
· Able to maintain a polite and professional demeanour when dealing with clients;
· Networking skills;
· Organisational skills;
· Ability to communicate assertively when under pressure; and
· Ability to influence using appropriate techniques.
· Innovative and practical;
· Team player;
· Commercially minded; and
· Motivates others.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link below.