The award-winning Employment Department within Leigh Day is seeking to hire an administrator to be the point of contact for new client enquiries and individuals who wish to instruct Leigh Day’s employment team.
Reporting to the employment Partners and providing the administrative support for the team, this role provides the fantastic opportunity to work within a Department, known for its outstanding calibre of litigation lawyers who have successfully taken on some of the biggest and most powerful institutions in the country, in high-profile disputes involving claims for millions of pounds, resulting in many ground-breaking employment and discrimination judgements.
Key tasks and responsibilities;
• Taking new client enquiries by telephone and email.
• Taking strategic responsibility for managing the electronic files on Liberate for all new enquiries to the department, including compliance, risk assessment, file opening, time recording and file closing.
• Providing the team with expertise and support in advanced use of relevant software, including Liberate SE (Leigh Day’s practice management system).
• Accurately managing enquiry files, including the timely and accurate filing of correspondence and documents.
• Producing accurate documents, correspondence, and telephone notes as required
• Ensure data protection obligations are met and deliver compliance requirements of Lexcel.
To be successful you must demonstrate;
• Relevant experience of working in a busy reception/administrative role. Experience gained within legal and/or Employment will be highly advantageous.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders and clients.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal sensitively with clients, manage difficult situations and conversations professionally.
• High level of proficiency in IT, accurate keyboard skills and ability to work with a database. Experience of using an online case management system / tool would be highly advantageous
• Ability to organise, prioritise and take initiative whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
This is a 12 month full-time position based in London. Office opening hours are 9:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. Applications for part time and flexible working welcome.
Please visit our website to download the job description and application form.
Please return the following documents to by 1st October 2019.
• A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your salary expectations and applicable notice period.
• A copy of your up-to-date CV.
• The completed application form (downloadable from our website)
Unfortunately we may not be able to consider applications where this information is not provided.
Valuing diversity is essential to Leigh Day’s on-going success. We are committed to creating a working culture where everyone’s contributions are encouraged and valued and the workplace is free from barriers to inclusion, particularly for those from under-represented backgrounds.
Should you have a disability or long-term condition that requires adjustments to the application or interview process, please contact us, in confidence, to discuss your requirements.
More information about equality, diversity and inclusion at Leigh Day is available on our website.