We are looking for a Solicitor to join the Employment team based in our Bristol office. The purpose of the role is to support the existing Employment team with non-contentious work and to run a caseload of legal expense insurer files. There may be scope for supervision of junior case handlers.
Experience of working in the employment field is essential.
- Advising clients on potential Employment Tribunal claims;
- Running a case load of Employment Tribunal claims, including drafting pleadings, drafting witness statements, negotiating settlements, and instructing counsel or advocates as necessary;
- Complying with insurer service level agreements;
- Supporting the employment team with non-contentious work, including provision of contractual documentation, handbooks and other employment documentation, together with provision of reactive and proactive employment advice to commercial clients;
- Assisting the Corporate department with employment aspects of commercial transactions;
- Participating in marketing initiatives, including writing updates on employment law and providing training sessions to clients;
- Ensuring accurate advice is given to clients;
- Using our case management system to progress files;
- Billing and invoicing.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Effective time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills (able to get on with colleagues, clients, other side solicitors etc);
- The ability to work as part of a team;
- The ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines;
- An organised approach to work; and
- A positive attitude.
- Previous Employment Law experience at sufficient level;
- The ability to run a caseload.
- Fully qualified Solicitor, Barrister or FCILEx or with equivalent experience.