10 months ago
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services and energy & natural resources.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley, Beijing and Shanghai teams. Among our clients, we count social media sites and high street coffee chains through to pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and FTSE 100 companies.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
We have more than 600 lawyers spread over nine locations, all providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs. We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Brussels, China, Paris, Germany, Italy, UK, and the US - Silicon Valley. In the UK, we have approximately 700 people working in the London, Manchester and Birmingham.
The firm is growing rapidly and its revenue for 2016/17 was £165 million. The UK accounts for approximately 70% of the headcount.
We were the fastest growing UK law firm last year with 2016/17 revenue of £165 million and were named Law Firm of the Year at both the British Legal Awards 2017 and 2018.
We are a national team of 25 lawyers covering Employment, Pension and Immigration. We have a collaborative and collegiate culture, our client base is international and we are known to provide solutions to complex issues facing employers in the private sector. The Team is supported by pensions, tax and HR consultants.
We act for a broad spectrum of employers including international corporates across a variety of sectors with a particular focus on financial institutions, commercial and technology companies.
Working closely with the firm's award winning and innovative Financial Markets and Products team, the primary focus of the role will be to support and grow the team's financial services practice. The role offers autonomy and an opportunity to lead on larger, more complex matters. The role also offers a fantastic opportunity for career progression and there will be many opportunities to take part in business development initiatives with new and existing clients.
* Proactively manage own matters
* Lead on larger transactions and cases
* Communicate effectively with clients
* Contribute towards business development strategy of the team by preparing briefing papers, attending and presenting at client seminars and developing their own contacts within organisations.
Key Skills & Experience
* Experienced qualified lawyer from a top rated Employment practice and with a keen interest in non-contentious matters.
* Experience advising financial institutions on a range of Employment matters, from corporate employment practices and policies to risk and management oversight.
* Experience and awareness of regulatory changes affecting financial institutions
* Secondment experience within the financial services sector would be beneficial, but not required.
* Strong academic record and intellectual capability.
* Good legal skills including attention to detail in drafting and a genuine interest in the needs of the client.
* An ability to think laterally and identify related issues and problems.
* A confident and professional manner.
Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.