Role: Employment Lawyer
Contracting Authority: GLD
Salary: UMBRELLA: 32.16 per hour
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Application Deadline: Tuesday at 12pm
The Successful candidate will be required to undertake a varied caseload in all areas of legal work as required, primarily including:
- Employment based proceedings in courts, appeals and tribunals
- Interviewing witnesses and recording witness statements.
- Conducting settlement negotiations with opposing representatives.
- Liaising with key Stakeholders as required.
- Advice in matters relating to Employment Law
- Advice in matters relating to access to information and data protection
You should be a qualified Solicitor or Barrister preferably with public sector experience, however, this is not essential.
Outputs/Deliverables to be achieved: within this section you must clearly outline the project deliverables/outputs required from this contract, including anticipated timescales for each milestone to be achieved. This will enable performance to be measured during the contract period.
• Uses a process of analysis, planning, scheduling, prioritising, action, quality monitoring and review.
• Takes responsibility for own work with substantial degree of autonomy but knowing when to consult and to delegate.
• Gives early warning to those affected by changing priorities, including the Reporting Officer.
• Displays an understanding of the resourcing requirements of own cases.
• Has up-to-the minute case files readily available.
• Displays an understanding of the context the client operates in.
• Displays the professional attitude that client and company expect from a member of an organisation with a high reputation.
• Adopts a style most likely to build an effective working relationship with the client.
• Responds to reasonable client requests including agreeing achievable and realistic actions, timescales etc.
• Acknowledges clients’ concerns and works to alleviate these in a way that balances client and Agency needs.
• Is alert to media interest which may have an impact on the reputation of the client and/or the Agency.
• Helps other team members to meet tight deadlines to preserve department’s reputation.
• Display Civil Service Values, help other people, focus on customer service and look proactively for solutions.
• Keeps abreast of legal developments and current thinking on related policy issues.
• Uses training and other methods to refresh and improve their skills and knowledge.