Employment Associate (2 - 3 PQE)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Employment Associate to join a leading, top UK law firm. The firm has multiple locations across the UK, Europe and Asia and an annual turnover of over £150 million.
The successful candidate will join an employment team who are highly ranked in the Legal 500. The role will focus on employment law and is based within the employment, pensions and immigration team. The EPI team provides advice on a comprehensive range of employment, pensions and immigration issues for a broad range of businesses, organisations, owners and Senior Executives as well as actuaries and trustees. The EPI Group comprises of 40 fee earners (3 in Pensions, 6 in Immigration and the remainder in Employment).
You will manage a full caseload of employment matters, including:
- Providing all aspects of advice to clients on employment documentation, policies, disciplinary and grievances, family friendly issues, redundancy processes and GDPR
- Advising Senior Executives on maximising their severance terms on exit
- Running employment tribunal litigation including drafting Grounds of Resistance, Particulars of Complaint, attending Preliminary Hearings and dealing with case management steps
- Carrying out due diligence on transactions and advising on "red flag" issues, drafting warranties and indemnities and advising on TUPE
- Our client is ideally looking for 2 - 3 years PQE
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- Strong drafting skills both in respect of non-contentious and contentious work
- Ability to demonstrate conduct of employment tribunal proceedings on behalf of Respondents and Claimants.
- Familiar with aspects of advice in employee data and privacy including Data Subject Access Requests.
- Experience of handling dismissals in the context of the financial services industry and an understanding of relevant regulatory issues.
- Experienced in giving advice on transactions both for buyer and seller and advising on all aspects of TUPE
You will receive a full range of benefits, to include:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Access to corporate gym membership rates
- 25 days annual leave and long service accrual
- Bonus scheme
- Annual pay reviews
If you wish to join a firm who are committed to the highest quality service while offering great benefits to their employees then please contact Katy at Law Consultants for a confidential discussion.