Job Title: EL/PL Fee Earner – Paralegal, Solicitor or CILEx
Reporting to: Head of the EL Department
Department: EL/PL Department
Key Tasks (not an exhaustive list)
- Dealing with new enquiries and vetting claims
- Handling an existing case load of up to 150 Employers Liability and Public Liability personal injury claims
- Drafting letters of claim/claims notification forms
- Resolving liability
- Requesting medical records
- Arranging medical examinations and reviewing incoming reports
- Valuing claims
- Liaising with third party insurers/solicitors
- Negotiating settlements
- Dealing with litigated files, both Part 7 and Part 8
- Undertaking fee earning work and providing a profitable contribution to the EL Department.
- A competent understanding of personal injury litigation.
- EL/PL experience is essential
- Paralegal at least four years’ personal injury experience
- Solicitor and CILEx at least 1 years PQE
- PI experience, including EL/PL is fundamental
- Experience in running portal claims from start to finish
- Experience in running litigated files and dealing with applications
- Experience of using case management systems and time recording (ideally Proclaim).
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent client care
- Excellent communication and literacy skills.
- Flexible attitude to work.
- Excellent organisational skills.