11 months ago
Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow
posted on November 7, 2017
Number of reports:
Banking & Finance
Edinburgh, Glasgow or Aberdeen
Banking and finance is at the heart of every economy, providing the means to help businesses expand and investors grow. Dentons’ Banking and Finance team operates at the industry’s forefront, working with innovative finance products across the world.
Our integrated global team of Banking and Finance lawyers and professionals offers an expansive breadth of insight, helping our clients to structure and document transactions that help to provide financing to virtually every industry. Since Dentons represents both finance providers and users, our clients benefit from counsel that understands the needs and wants of each party. Whether it is a domestic bank in Hong Kong, a government development bank in Moscow, or banks in several other locations, our team understands our clients.
Dentons’ extensive, deep sector-specific experience also ensures they are working with a team that’s fluent in our client's language and understands the local market. In fact, emerging jurisdictions often engage Dentons to assist in the development of banking and finance legislative frameworks.
Purpose of role
To carry out a broad range of finance work as part of a large, motivated team. Acting for lenders and borrowers you will be responsible for all aspects of lending transactions and will also be involved in marketing and business development initiatives.
We are looking for candidates to have between 2 and 7 years’ post qualifying experience in general banking or property finance to work on a wide variety of transactions. We are happy to consider Scots law and/or English law candidates.
You will have:
* Between 2 and 7 years’ post qualifying experience in general banking or property finance to work on a wide variety of transactions (we are happy to consider Scots law and/or English law candidates)
* Broad knowledge of corporate banking law gained within private practice
* Enthusiastic about keeping up with the latest trends and decisions in finance law
* Proven ability to communicate well at all levels
* Proven ability to organise and prioritise effectively
* Proven ability to work as part of a team whilst also using initiative
* Able to demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to change
* Proven ability to build effective client relationships
* Proven ability to solve problems and deal with client matters
* Strong aspirations to succeed
* Evidence to support keen interest in business development
Required experience, skills and attributes
* Teamwork - Maintains productive and harmonious relationships within own team and across the firm to achieve objectives. Promotes team based working and shares knowledge.
* Communication - Communicates clearly, concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
* Adaptability to change - Is receptive to changing requirements in the job and the firm. Adapts approach to meet new priorities and able to promote new ideas and improvements
* Customer focus - Proactive in identifying and addressing the needs of clients and internal customers to ensure the delivery of valuable and efficient services
* Problem Solving - Analyses problems and information, evaluates options and risks in order to identify the most appropriate solutions. Bases decisions on sound judgement and initiative.
* Achievement - Displays a high degree of commitment and purpose in pursuing objectives. Prioritises plans and organises workload. Focused and energetic in ensuring tasks are carried through to successful completion.
* Personal Effectiveness - Projects confidence, self-motivation and enthusiasm. Displays a positive attitude and demonstrates self-control when under pressure.
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.