2 months ago
The Norton Rose Fulbright Global Dispute Resolution Group is one of the first choice practices for the complex, high-value international work of global corporations and financial institutions. The group is the world’s largest boasting over 980 lawyers worldwide.
Our in-house e-Disclosure team uses cutting edge technology and in-depth industry knowledge to deliver efficiencies throughout the e-Disclosure lifecycle. Our integrated approach manages risks and controls costs for our clients across their entire litigation portfolio and overall data management strategy, by minimizing the volume of documents requiring manual review in a reliable and auditable manner.
In contrast to many of our competitors, we never outsource this entire function to third-party providers for a generic service: we blend in-house tools and know-how with leading third-party software to provide our clients with bespoke solutions.
The team is an integral part of our Dispute Resolution practice providing e-Discovery and forensic support to the group as a whole. In London we are continuing to invest in the team’s development including expansion of services to our Legal Process Hub in Newcastle. In addition to EMEA, we have long established e-Discovery teams in both the USA and Australia.
We are currently seeking a Head of Practice Support EMEA to work in our London office supporting the EMEA region. The successful candidate will lead the e-Disclosure (Practice Support) team in providing a high level of client service to the Dispute Resolution group as well as working with the wider fee-earning community.
The role will work closely with the e-Disclosure Technical Lead and fee earners including partners and team leaders to ensure that the e-Disclosure function is integrated, seamless and operates to a consistent standard. In addition to the “business as usual” function of the team, it is expected that this role will develop a programme of continual service improvement across the EMEA region.
The role will report directly to the Head of Disputes Knowledge, Innovation and Business Services.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties:
Managing workloads within the group identifying new matters based on the work loads of individuals within the team
Work closely with the Senior Practice Support Specialists in London and Newcastle to assist in all technical aspects of the firm’s litigation projects and cases, including responding to day-to-day requests by providing timely and effective technical support with respect to a wide range of litigation support tools
Liaising directly with fee earners to identify new matters and updates on existing matters establish an initial brief and communicating this to the wider e-Disclosure team
Liaise with external service providers when necessary to support the internal function
Ability to deal with tasks personally as demand dictates in order to maintain quality and service levels
Process Development & Management
Based on a solid technical understanding of the e-disclosure lifecycle, lead the development of best practice guidelines and protocols, working with Partners, Associates and the technical team to develop new and refine existing workflows across the whole e-disclosure lifecycle
Formalise and lead implementation of rigorous quality control measures to produce error-free work product
Developing customer services procedures, policies and standards for the team. Working closely with the e-Disclosure Technical Lead to develop thought leadership in both EMEA and globally
Developing high quality business focused written information for customers, including user guides, crib sheets and training/e-learning material to promote awareness of best practice and necessary procedures
Liaise with the US, Canadian and Australian e-Disclosure teams on key global and major projects
Act as the main point of contact all new requirements. Maintain the role of primary point of contact for fee earners, sending regular project updates and addressing queries
Visiting customers proactively and tailing the amount of priority and attention given to customers based on their needs, stakeholder mapping and business deadlines
Investigating and ensuring a speedy resolution to customers’ problems with assistance from the core technical members of the team. Acting as the point of contact for escalated issues
Handling customer complaints or any other major incidents in a timely and professional manner, fact focused communication in customer language and terms sympathetic to their needs and in tune with business drivers
Using lessons learned with customers to further refine practices and procedures
Be equipped to quickly address technical queries raised by legal teams and, together with the e-disclosure Technical Lead, design and implement technical solutions across the e-disclosure lifecyle
When required, support all levels of document management, including database creation and customisation, creation of forms, imaging and electronic data processing, document production, transcript management and trial presentation
When required, import/export electronic data for a variety of applications
Perform daily data management duties and troubleshoot where necessary
Management of the e-Disclosure (Practice Support) team to drive a high performance ethic whilst maintaining the optimum levels of professionalism and responsive customer service
Direct line management responsibility for Project Managers and Analysts within the technical team including recruitment, appraisals and performance management. Personal mentoring, tailoring of performance improvement plans and coaching of staff
Skills and Experience Required
* Outstanding leadership skills and very pro-active in engaging with customers
* Personally resilient to manage demanding customers at all levels with excellent communication and negotiation skills with strong analytical, planning and process implementation skills with a passion for quality
* Diplomatic manner and ability to exercise good judgment in sensitive or stressful situations
* Strong oral and written communication skills and sufficient gravitas and influencing skills to work successfully and confidently at all levels including top management, partners and other stakeholders as well as junior team members
* Demonstrates ability to develop staff in a structured way and willing and proficiency in both full performance improvement activities and accelerated development programs as appropriate
* Employee supervision/line management skills and a proven track record in this area
* Willingness to “get hands dirty” as and when required
* Good organisational skills with experience of managing multiple initiatives simultaneously
* Strong working knowledge of Axcelerate, Ringtail, Relativity and other litigation support software tools
* Demonstrated understanding of the electronic disclosure process including the principals behind forensic technology
* Strong working knowledge of IT hardware and software and the ability to understand and convey technical terms when liaising with internal and external IT departments
* Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a deadline-driven and high-pressure environment
* Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours to accommodate tight deadlines
* Proven project management skills and experience
* A minimum of five years’ experience providing litigation support in a law firm or an e-disclosure vendor environment including project and full lifecycle management
* University degree or college diploma
* Proficiency in MS Office
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Philippa Wilson at Philippa.Wilson@