Are you passionate about human rights and civil liberties?
Do you want to make a positive difference?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a full time Lawyer to join a firm renowned for fighting against social injustice. You will be part of a specialist team based at our Dale Street office in Liverpool, headed by one of the leading solicitors in the country in this area of work, Chris Topping. Interested? Read below for more info and how to apply!
- To carry out a range of work in relation to pre action / litigated claims;
- To run a litigation caseload in relation to actions against public authorities;
- To provide first rate legal advice to clients;
- To charge the rate defined by the Board / Head of Department for services;
- To ensure that the group’s policies and procedures and those laid out by regulatory bodies such as the Law Society and CILEX are complied with fully at all times;
- To actively promote the group and all its service in order to attract new business;
- To nurture relationships with existing clients in order to maintain and develop work;
- To contribute towards the effective management of risk by carrying out regular risk assessments on all matters, efficient file management and by providing excellent client care;
- To actively participate in departmental meetings, suggesting improvements to our services where appropriate;
- To ensure that all work undertaken is appropriate to workload and level of knowledge and experience, systematically informing the Head of Department or Team Leader/Supervisors of any concerns and referring work which can be carried out more effectively or efficiently by another fee earner;
- To supervise less experienced members of the firm and/or secretarial staff;
- To actively assist other members of the department where appropriate, notably in providing cover for holidays etc.
- To ensure that CPD training requirements are fulfilled;
- To endeavour to improve knowledge and skills where appropriate;
- To keep accurate and up to date records of time, money, bills etc.
- To issue and collect bills in accordance with the group’s billing and credit control policies;
- To avoid write offs as far as possible and to disclose them immediately if they are necessary;
- To disclose any claims and complaints or potential complaints promptly.
- Must meet Legal Aid Agency Supervisor Criteria for Discrimination
- Experience of running a litigated caseload
- Multi track litigation experience desirable
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Equality Act 2010 (and predecessor legislation)
- First rate interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding to bereaved families
- Excellent time management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills – including experience of case management software
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks
- Marketing and commercial awareness
- Honesty and integrity
We will close the application process when sufficient applications have been received.
The Jackson Lees Group supports and promotes human rights and ethical ways of doing business.