7 months ago
JOB TITLE Digital & Communications Assistant Based in Edinburgh REPORTING TO Senior Marketing Manager and Head of Communications JOB PURPOSE A key member of the marketing team, the Digital & Communications Assistant will play an important
supporting role in the firm's marketing and digital activity, including participation in marketing
projects and playing a key role in supporting the firm’s internal and external communications
strategy, and in particular support the development and delivery of the driving forward the firm’s
social media activity.
This is a busy role offering lots of variety and development so the successful candidate should
demonstrate the ability to manage and prioritise a demanding workload and proactively deliver
exceptional results. He / she will support the Digital Marketing Coordinator and the Communications
Coordinator to ensure the marketing activities of the firm are consistent and successfully
The successful candidate will be confident, organised and capable of developing strong working
relationships with colleagues (including Directors and Partners), and external suppliers / agencies.
This role will be based in Edinburgh. However, travel to Glasgow and Aberdeen will also be required. CORE TASKS
• Work as part of a small team to deliver the firm’s social media activity and ensure the firm is
making the most effective use of social and digital media platforms. Assist with planning and
• Assist the communications team in the delivery of the wider communications strategy both
internally and externally, supporting on campaign development, management of media lists
and contacts, collating and managing press cuttings and developing specific content
• Assist with the progression and delivery of innovative marketing campaigns working closely
with communications coordinator and digital coordinator to provide analysis, evaluation and
subsequent recommendations for future campaigns.
• Assist with the planning of filming, webinars and live streaming for promotion on the firm’s
YouTube channel, liaising with our external agency to ensure deadlines are met.
• Support the Digital Marketing Coordinator with setting up new bloggers, carrying out blog
training, dealing with blog queries and capturing good news stories to share with the firm.
• Assist in the co-ordination and preparation of the firm’s legal directory submissions.
• Make updates to the website using the CMS, working as part of a team to review and
develop the website to ensure content is relevant and up to date. Help to improve SEO on
our website and blogs.
• Develop a detailed understanding of the specialist legal services offered by Brodies and a
good knowledge of the legal environment in order to communicate expertise to clients and
relevant business sectors.
• Support the communications team in writing engaging copy for marketing collateral,
including the firmwide seminar programme, adverts, event invitations, brochures, flyers and
• Keep the intranet populated with marketing news and developments.
• Support the communications team to develop sector-specific plans.
• Assist with digital reporting – firmwide and department/campaign level.
• Competitor analysis – online and offline
• Providing general support to the Marketing team, including representing the firm at events
• Other ad hoc tasks as required, including administrative tasks and processing invoices.
• Be aware of Brodies’ information security policies, and protect information assets from
unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference at all times. PERSON SPECIFICATION
• Graduate – marketing or communications/PR qualification preferred
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience either agency or in house, ideally with some experience of
• A strong understanding of the evolution of communications both online and offline SKILLS
• Creativity and a strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to work on their own initiative, proactive and committed to ‘getting the job done’
• Professional image to internal clients and other external organisations at all times.
• Prioritisation, time management and organisational skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc. and willingness to
learn other software design packages. DESIRED SKILLS
• Experience of using website content management systems, Google Analytics and Wordpress,
social media monitoring tools
• Experience of film editing using iMovie / Adobe Premiere Pro / Final Cut Pro.
Brodies is committed to equality, diversity & the creation of an inclusive work environment where
no partner, employee, potential employee or job applicant receives less favourable treatment. We
value the skills, experience and perspective that a diverse and representative workforce offers us in
terms of our ability to deliver top class legal services to our clients.