3 months ago
Boyes Turner is looking to recruit a Senior Solicitor with at least 4 years PQE into its Commercial Property Team.
The Team is ranked in the top tier of Legal 500 and is one of the leading commercial property teams in the Thames Valley.
The Team offers a full range of property services for a variety of clients across the Thames Valley and the South East. Work includes advising on general commercial property transactions, residential and commercial development, secured lending, planning, construction and residential conveyancing. The Team also supports the Firm’s Corporate Team.
The vacancy is for a role that will primarily focus on Development transactions. the successful canddiate should have extensive experience of) :-
* Freehold and leasehold acquisitions, predominantly by way of option or conditional contract involving intensive negotiation of key transaction documents.
* Carrying out comprehensive pre-acquisition due diligence for developers and advising on risks on issues relating to title and planning matters.
* Onward transfer of development options to other developers
* Negotiation of promotion agreements and collaboration agreements on strategic development sites.
* Negotiation and approval of s106 obligations
* Preparation of information packs and legal data for new homes sales team
* Negotiations with statutory undertakers relating to provision of site infrastructure
* Disposals of land and/ or completed units to registered providers of social housing including associated development agreements where clients are to build for the end user.
* Granting of security to funders including provision of certificates of title
* Dealing with onward disposal of residual assets to management companies or on sale of ground rent investments.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:-
* The ability to deliver development sites with all necessary legal rights and structures to enable successful onward sales of new homes by clients to their customers and to registered providers, ensuring sites are acceptable in the residential mortgage market.
* Experience of managing client relationships with particular emphasis on building and winning trust of developer clients through high levels of personal service, active communications and providing commercial insight as well as legal advice
* Experience of creating and maintaining new business relationships with potential new clients, referrers and the business and finance community
* Experience of setting and monitoring matter budgets and negotiation of fee arrangements with clients
Experience/knowledge of some or all of the following is preferred in addition to the skills and experience referred to above:
* A track record of advising developers and landowner clients in respect of the following: -
* negotiating indemnity insurance policy terms
* use of alternative transactional structures
* SDLT and VAT issues for developers
* Drafting and negotiation of overage structures
* Planning law generally
* Non-contentious construction contract negotiations
* Experience of managing and supervising junior lawyers and support staff
The following skills/attributes are essential:
* excellent written and oral communication skills
* excellent organisational skills
* excellent IT and keyboard skills and working knowledge of MS Word
* ability to work independently and as part of a team
* self-motivation and hunger to succeed
* willingness to represent the Team and the Firm to the business community
* record of managing his/her own caseload
* strong academic achievement
The Team works closely with the Firm’s Property Dispute Resolution Team that takes responsibility for contentious matters including construction disputes, managing leasehold pre-emption rights procedures, encroachment trespass and rights of light issues, breach of covenant claims and other property disputes.
Team members are given direct client contract and are encouraged to develop strong working relationships with clients, referrers and other members of the business community.
Boyes Turner is a well known, successful and respected Commercial law firm named in both Legal 500 and Chambers guides. Excellent working conditions and a modern, forward thinking, friendly team.
The firm has a thriving social calendar including social events every Friday and a wide range of sporting and charitable activities.