about 1 year ago
Closing Date: 28/02/2018
This position is within the IT Development team to help promote, present and deliver a variety of software systems to the business including, but not limited to, the Visualfiles case management system. The primary focus of the position is to:
The primary focus of the position is to:
* Develop and maintain the firm’s case management, practice management and other software systems as directed.
* Work with the Development team and act as project Leader on Development projects where required.
* Promote and monitor adherence to best practice standards/appropriate methodologies; ensure that code is documented and easily understood by others and that flowcharts and data/document dictionaries are produced and kept updated.
* Provide guidance and support to Trainee Developers and work with them/involve them in project work so they improve knowledge levels and gain experience of development changes.
* Work with the IT Development Manager and team members to analyse and recommend new software/systems in order to continuously develop HF systems’ functionality in line with IT Strategy and corporate standards.
* Adhere to agreed procedures re full testing of development work before go live.
* Where necessary, work with the IT Development Manager to document and present IT development initiatives to the firm or to clients.
* Ensure that technical issues are resolved as soon as possible, provide 3rd line support where necessary and establish good communication channels between HF and our 3rd party suppliers.
* Assist with improvement and maintenance of the firm’s databases, including rollouts, upgrades and troubleshoot database problems.
* Communicate effectively with IT team members, Horwich Farrelly management and users to ensure they meet the needs of the business and to ensure the overall awareness of development activities across the IT team.
* Undertake essential maintenance tasks and project work outside normal office hours from time to time, as required.
In addition the job holder is required to perform other responsibilities as and when requested by the Infrastructure Manager, IT Director or Partnership.