Our Casualty team provides a full, expert service in defending public and employers' liability claims, particularly workplace, public sector and claims against the emergency services. Weightmans' team is second-to-none in providing defendant litigation services in these specialist areas. We operate on a national basis with dedicated workplace, public and police teams.
To manage a caseload, and assist other case handlers with their caseloads, of local government litigation.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Specialise in acting on behalf of various local authorities and insurers, protecting their interests
- Manage a caseload of litigated files including Highways Law, Occupiers Liability Employers Liability and Housing disrepair
- Assist on social care abuse claims, human rights and equality act and high value flooding cases.
- Draft and perform legal research, investigations etc
- Attend at conferences and Court
- Communicate with clients, Counsel and various other parties
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the firms' values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.