Our client is an international firm and they are looking for a 5PQE+ Solicitor to join the Defendant PI EL/PL team in the glasgow office
Day to day responsibilities will include:
* Assisting partners within the team in handling/running their predominantly EL/PL caseload as well as handling EL/ PL cases of significant value in your own right, with minimal supervision.
* Being the point of contact for the client in the day to day management of cases and when the principal fee earner is unavailable.
* Managing the financial performance and assisting with the technical supervision of a small team mainly comprising solicitors and trainees
* Instructing experts and collating accompanying documents
* Instructing counsel
* Reviewing medical records and preparing chronologies.
* Drafting pleadings and preparing inventories of productions
* Investigating liability, precognosing witnesses and discussing liability and quantum issues with clients
* Drafting letters and reports to clients
You will be working in a team working for a mixture of household name insurer clients and self Insured companies who instruct us directly.
You will handle a varied workload in accordance with client protocols and with an appropriate level of supervision. You will be expected to act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
You will be expected to demonstrate sound file management - to include compliance with the firms protocols and any applicable client protocols; you will be expected to achieve consistent and accurate time recording and appropriate billing and credit control management, administration of WIP and file closures and accurate Management Information recording.
You will be responsible for monitoring the performance of junior members of the team to include monthly billing targets, Management Information recording and effective time management and recording.
You will be expected to maintain an awareness of firm procedures and strategies and assume responsibility for quality control.
At a more general level you will be expected to support marketing and business development activity within the team eg attending marketing events and client training and build an awareness of the firm's other services by establishing effective internal and external networks.
Finally, the role requires you to maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans, maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements and handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
* An enthusiastic solicitor with knowledge of and demonstrable interest in EL and PL claims at various levels and a proactive approach towards claims investigation and resolution. The ideal candidate will have significant previous experience in this area of work
* You will have excellent client relationship skills and will be able to deal confidently and professionally with a range of clients and colleagues on day to day issues. You will be able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of your own competence/authority.
* You will have an ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an 'academic' approach to legal issues, with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
* You will be a team player with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
* You will have had experience of or wish to be involved in the day to day management of a small team
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.