Working for a leading industrial group, you will report directly to the Data Protection Manager and undertake a broad ranging role. The primary purpose of the role is to advise the whole of the business on all aspects of data protection law and assist with other compliance related matters and initiatives. As part of an in-house legal team, you will also be expected to provide general legal advice to the business on an ad-hoc basis. This company also has a Central London offices from where you can work for up to 2 days per week or from home 2 days per week , or a combination of the two. The Surrey Offices are well located adjacent to a station that is easily accessible from London Waterloo or Clapham Junction as well.
Training at a leading law firm and some experience of data protection is key to success in this role. Suitable candidates will either be Data Protection specialists, or at the senior end of the pqe range are mostly likely to have qualified into commercial or regulatory and undertaken some data protection work as part of your work. An understanding of GDPR and PECR is required and full training can be given in the key areas.
- Supporting the Data Protection Manager with the day to day management and oversight of the company's GDPR compliance programme.
- Responsibility for providing data privacy and general compliance advice and support to the business as the GDPR Privacy Team member for Group Legal.
- Providing strategic / legal support to other GDPR Privacy Team members (non-legal) and Data Protection Champions.
- Maintenance of the Data Asset Register and other records maintained by the GDPR Privacy Team.
- Management of the Retention Policy and Privacy Notices.
- Leading / supporting other GDPR Privacy Team members in the investigation and management of data protection incidents.
- Leading / supporting other GDPR Privacy Team members in handling data subject requests.
- Providing the business with strategic support on the data protection aspects of new and existing projects (both client-side and group function), ensuring the business adopts a 'privacy by design' approach to the design of new processes, including the review and sign-off of DPIA's, review and negotiation of third party agreements and advising the business on the conduct of third party due diligence.
- Advising the business on data transfers, as required.
- Reviewing and updating data protection and other compliance related policies and processes, as required.
- Delivering face to face data privacy and other compliance related training to the business (including to the GDPR Privacy Team and Data Protection Champions), as required and supporting the Data Protection Manager in managing the business-wide compliance training plan and strategy.
- Tracking and reporting on legislative and regulatory developments in relation to data protection law.
- Assisting with the delivery of the GDPR Privacy Team's communications and awareness activities, including the GDPR Privacy Team's Sharepoint sites.
- Assisting the Data Protection Manager with preparing reports and assessments for the Head of Group Legal and other senior stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and Group functions such as HR, IT, Finance and Group Communications.
The pqe is only a guide and candidates with the equivalent level of experience will be given equal consideration
A comprehensive benefits package is on offer in addition to a competitive base salary including a car allowance and a generous employer pension contribution. For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott onor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.