Data Protection/ Privacy Commercial Solicitor - City of London
Global law firm has retained us to recruit an ambitious and talented Data Protection & Privacy Associate due to the continued expansion.
Leading international firm boasting 13 offices, over 1,500 staff and over 200 partners. They are an extensive international practice, advising multinational corporations and SME's alike across a plethora of sectors.
This is a fantastic place to work, they were the first major law firm to achieve "Gold Standard" Investors in People and this year we achieved the Platinum Standard accreditation.
The Privacy & Data Team advise multinational corporations on complex, sophisticated and often high profile transations, including many large scale global projects on matters across all areas of data protection and privacy law. That includes a breach response team, global data protection audits and compliance programmes, an outsourced DPO practice and one of the leading BCR teams. They are continuing our ascent through the Legal 500 rankings, and boast a number of leading practitioners.
You can expect a varied and interesting workload, focused on the aim of assisting clients to meet commercial objectives and manage risk including:
· Providing complex advice such as: data protection impact assessments; risk based analysis of data protection compliance of new projects and systems; the use of artificial intelligence; and structuring new initiatives, such as big data projects, marketing strategy and data sharing.
· Dealing with complex data subject requests.
· Advising on the use of targeted advertising, cookies and new technologies.
· Drafting and negotiating data protection contract clauses.
A Solicitor with solid experience of data protection and privacy.
A desire for long term career progression in a collegiate and supportive environment.
Excellent technical ability, particularly with drafting policies, drafting and negotiating data protection clauses in agreements and conducting data protection impact assessments
A reasonable level of self-sufficiency and initiative, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence.
Experience of supervising the work of others.
- Very competitive salary structure
- Attractive benefits package
- Broad range of quality work
- Great working environment
To apply for this position, please contact Richard Coward at BCL Legal