9 months ago
Customer Service Assistant
[Forward to a friend]
(37.5 hours per week and working 2 Sat mornings over an 8 week rota period (with time off in lieu))
Shoosmiths - UK Law Firm of the Year Winner at the Legal Week British Legal Awards 2015.
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Our Recoveries Services Group provides a complete range of debt recovery services utilising cutting edge technology and with specialists dealing with different debt types, all operating under a centralised management structure allowing us to deliver consistently excellent service. Our structure ensures we can provide a full range of volume recoveries and litigation options, whilst ensuring that we have the expertise and experience to deal with complex and technical issues arising from volume recoveries.
Our Unsecured Litigation Team act for a number of banks, building societies, other consumer finance lenders and debt purchasers, dealing with unsecured lending products including loans, credit cards, overdrafts and guarantees, together with advising on unenforceability and PPI mis-selling claims. We also have the expertise and experience to deal with disputed and complex claims, with our defended teams sitting alongside our recoveries teams and able to provide immediate advice, often preventing the escalation of a matter to a full blown defence. Our team is based at the Lakes and consists of a pre-issue and negotiation team, 3 undefended litigation teams and a team dealing with defended and non standard matters. These teams are supported by a customer care team (managing receipt of 1000s of payments per month), an administration team and an audit/training function providing our first line of defence for compliance/regulatory purposes.
Are you seeking your next Customer Service job? Shoosmiths are seeking an individual with a track record of delivering excellent customer service to join our Customer Care & Review Team who are responsible for the provision of a high standard of client care and administrative support to a number of legal teams. You will perform a crucial role in making sure that we continue to meet our service level agreements and deliver an excellent client experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to move into a customer service role within a fast-paced and reputable department (named Tier 1 in the Legal 500). During your first couple of months, you will undergo an extensive training programme utilising a blended learning approach via on-the-job learning, classroom and 1-2-1 training and online courses.
As the Customer Service Assistant, your duties will include undertaking payment reviews and ensuring payments are being correctly attributed to files. You will also manage the case files on the case management system, identifying review files for return to the original case handler.
You will frequently engage with customers directly to review their current financial circumstances and agree an ongoing payment arrangement in line with customer mandates. Compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements (i.e. FCA regulations) as well as client and internal service level agreements will fall under your personal responsibility, requiring you to have excellent attention to detail and able to work collaboratively with your colleagues.
Skills and qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess extensive customer service and administration experience, preferably gained from an office environment involving interaction with clients over the phone and/or face-to-face. You’ll be able to work to deadlines and have a keen eye for detail.
Essential skills & experience:
* Extensive customer service experience, preferably gained within an office environment however we will still consider candidates with wider experience (e.g. hospitality, front of house, retail).
* Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills
* IT literate with experience of using Word, Excel and the internet
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Flexibility with the capability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure but with the ability to recognise when to seek assistance
* Able to integrate within a team and able to work on your own initiative
* A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) to include Maths and English (grade 4 and above).
Desirable skills & experience:
* Experience within financial services or professional services organisations.
You may also have experience in the following: Customer Service Administrator, Trainee Customer Care Assistant, Administration Assistant, Receptionist, Call Centre, and Customer Care Administrator.
Shoosmiths has an outstanding benefits package; we believe that all staff should be rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of the firm. These can include:
* A pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5.5%
* Generous life assurance cover for peace of mind, up to 8 times salary
* Up to 23 paid working days holiday per annum with the option to buy up to 8 additional days. You can choose to 'flex' twice a year - January and July
* 'Happy Birthday!' - have a free day off to celebrate and a £50 voucher to spend! (We won't take it from your annual entitlement)
* Childcare vouchers which are not subject to tax or NI
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Staff introduction bonus scheme
* Corporate discounts on a wide variety of products and services
* Discounted conveyancing and legal advice, for instance for wills and family trusts
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn).Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
< Back to available positions
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
7 days ago
only 14 days until close
4 days ago
only 24 days until close