7 months ago
Credit Hire Litigation Executive
Login to Save this vacancy
Advertising End Date:
About The Role
A successful Defendant niche practice working with the top 20 Insurance Companies in the UK, Horwich Farrelly Solicitors offers an excellent working environment in a contemporary, city centre and modern office. We promote a relaxed and approachable atmosphere and operate a relaxed dress down policy.
Our full time hours are 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday 7 hours per day working flexible hours between 8am to 6pm.
All our employees receive range of company benefits including:
* Flexible working hours;
* Reduced gym memberships;
* Training bursaries;
* 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays;
* Employer pension contribution; and
* Continuous recognition via the employee recognition scheme ‘ThanksBox’.
We are currently recruiting for a Credit Hire Litigation Executive (Solicitor/CILEX/Litigation Executive or Paralegal) to work within the Credit Hire Department in our London Office. The Credit Hire team deal with insurance cases whereby a replacement vehicle has been hired on a deferred credit basis and it is their job to investigate the individuals, credit hire companies and beyond to determine if there are any fraud indicators and as to the genuine nature of the claim.
The successful candidate will predominantly be handling their own case load of pre litigated delegated authority small and/or fast track claims (dependant on experience). In addition, the London team deals some of the highest value and most technically complex credit hire cases with some exceeding £50K. These can include appeals, credit hire fraud and strategic litigation; so the role represents a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to high quality and challenging work. There will also be ample opportunities to help shape strategy and for contact with insurer clients.
Horwich Farrelly has a strong reputation for developing and nurturing employees, there are many opportunities for progression and for the successful candidate to have a rewarding and successful career with us. All our training contracts are offered internally and our teams are keen to support you as you progress within your career.
Main Duties of the Role Include (but are not limited to) the following:
* Handling own case load of pre litigated small claims and / or fast track files (dependant on experience)
* Assisting Partner on complex non-delegated matters as required
* Running cases in accordance with insurer client SLAs and agreed strategies
* Reviewing quantum, valuing general and special damages and formalising case plans
* Entering into telephone negotiations, liaising with third party solicitors and insurers, own insurer clients and lay clients
* Competent drafting of documents, applications, offers, orders, directions etc.
* Attending telephone conferences/applications
* Managing time in an effective manner with organisational skills and use of case management system
* Seeing cases through from commencement to conclusion whilst dealing with cases in a cost effective matter
* Ensure that Management Information on all cases is updated accurately and regularly in accordance with client SLA’s.
* Ensure that all cases are dealt with in compliance with Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and Law Society Practice Management Standards
* Undergo regular supervision with your line manager along with our open communication policy, receiving day-to-day support in handling your varied and busy caseload.
The current team is filled with ambitious professionals working in an engaging and friendly environment. We also take our charity work very seriously and often hold fundraisers and events for our nominated charity of the year.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Credit Hire experience – Preferable
* Defendant experience – Preferable
* LPC – Preferable
* Client-centric approach and excellent client care skills – Essential
* Proven experience of running a litigated case load of small claims and fast track cases in a Solicitor/Litigation Executive/Paralegal capacity – Essential
* Experience of communicating and working with clients – Essential
* The ability to run an effective diary system - Essential
* Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills - Essential
* Knowledge of the CPR, the SRA Code of Conduct and their application – Essential
* Excellent organisation and communication skills, both written and verbal - Essential
* The ability to work effectively under pressure - Essential
* The ability to adhere to SLAs - Essential
* The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team - Essential
Only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for a formal interview