Hempsons is a leading Healthcare Law Firm and is seeking an individual to be involved in HR matters for all its five offices i.e. London, Manchester, Harrogate, Newcastle and Southampton. Although this role is going to be based in either our Manchester or Harrogate offices, you will support the firm nationally.
Our aim is to provide outstanding legal services that deliver the best possible client outcomes whilst nurturing a culture that makes us a “great place to work”.
The primary responsibility of the Credit Controller is to ensure the delivery of a professional and effective credit control service to the firm. You will ensure that bills are paid in accordance with agreed time scales.
You will be responsible for managing debt levels and work closely with teams across the firm to reduce overall debt. You will also be responsible for carrying out daily/monthly tasks, dealing with incoming queries and maintaining client records and to ensure that Work in Progress (WIP) is maintained at agreed levels.
Core Duties and responsibilities although not limited to:
• Day- to-day management of the debtors ledger
• To manage debt, clear aged debt maximise monthly cash collection and report against key metrics.
• Ensure Fee Earners actively participate in discussing aged debt with clients
• Collaborate closely with other members of the finance team especially billing team and cashiers. Able to identify areas which could be changed and implement change where needed.
• Good knowledge of the invoicing and collections process
• Identify any areas for improvement and implement changes where necessary.
• Demonstrable proven experience in a credit control environment.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• The ability to manage your own work.
• Good negotiation skills.
• A calm and professional manner.
• Aptitude to deal with people at all levels.
• Strong IT skills and able to work with a case management system.
• Highly organised and able to work under pressure.
• Good communication skills both verbal and written.
• Able to work part of a team.
• Experience of using Aderant.
• Experience of Visual Files.
• Strong MS Excel skills.
• Understanding of and experience in applying accounting principles.
• Appetite to learn about and apply artificial intelligence.
• Experience of working in a Law or other professional services firm.
Any other duties as reasonably directed by the Financial Controller.
Hempsons is an equal opportunities employer
Hempsons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and to encouraging diversity through recruitment. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and decisions to progress will be made with reference to entirely objective criteria only.
Looking for Credit Controller jobs in UK? Browse hundreds of latest Credit Controller vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top law job sites. Simply Law Jobs prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Credit Controller careers in UK.
Click below button to browse other Credit Controller opportunities in UK:
If you're an employer looking for Credit Controller recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the button below: