4 months ago
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services and energy & natural resources.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley, Beijing and Shanghai teams. Among our clients, we count social media sites and high street coffee chains through to pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and FTSE 100 companies.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
We have more than 600 lawyers spread over nine locations, all providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs. We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Brussels, China, Paris, Germany, Italy, UK, and the US - Silicon Valley. In the UK, we have approximately 700 people working in the London, Manchester and Birmingham.
The firm is growing rapidly and its revenue for 2016/17 was £165 million. The UK accounts for approximately 70% of the headcount.
We were the fastest growing UK law firm last year with 2016/17 revenue of £165 million and were named Law Firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards 2017.
* Daily involvement and support to the Credit Control Supervisor whilst having some cross over with the revenue control, billing and cashiers teams.
* Regular face-to-face meetings with partners and fee earners to discuss client and matter debtors
* Working with specific departments of the firm within the London office
* Distribution of partners reports
* Telephoning clients on a daily basis
* Maintains adequate records of conversations with partners/clients on credit control and actions arising from meetings and conversation
* Proactive, setting diary notes to follow up with partners fee earners
* Have a good understanding of double entry book keeping and understanding client files
* Reconciliations of ledgers and preparing statements/cash reconciliations for both internal and external use
* Responsibility to ensure that all requests from clients are actioned and follow up
* Advises on whether balances in client account can be used to settle bills raised.
Key Skills & Experience
* To develop strong working relationships with partners and working capital team members
* Requires strong understanding of a professional services firm and knowledge of solicitor working practises and SAR's
* Must be able to communicate effectively with individual partners, partner groups and the working capital team in a professional and personable manner. This is a key role for the visibility of the accounts team and so must be professional and presentable at all times.
* Needs to be able to provide value and quality in all reporting, ensuring data reported is accurate and timely.
* Needs to have strong numeracy and communication skills with a strong attention to detail
* Needs to have good experience of Microsoft applications
* Strong ability and work ethic to meet deadlines under pressure
Fieldfisher aim to provide equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role