6 months ago
Personal Injury & Medical Negligence
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and China colleagues. We also work in a number of other jurisdictions through dedicated country teams.
Among our clients we count social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
Our network has more than 1000 people working across 20 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs.
We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Belfast, Birmingham, Bologna, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Luxembourg, Manchester, Munich, Milan, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Turin, Venice and Silicon Valley.
In 2017, Fieldfisher was named Law Firm of the Year in Western Germany at the Juve Awards, and Law firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards. 2018 saw Fieldfisher named Law Firm of the year at the Legal Business Awards 2018.
Fieldfisher's Condor Alternative Legal Solutions won the award for ‘New Business and Service Delivery Models’ at the FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Awards 2017. Fieldfisher also won Personal Injury Team of the Year at the Solicitors Journal Awards 2017.
Our specialist Court of Protection team is looking for an experienced Solicitor to join the growing Manchester office and deal with a busy and varied caseload.
* Dealing with the routine management of deputyship and personal injury trusts with appropriate supervision and guidance from senior team members (with a focus on litigating and substantial settled cases)
* Liaising with clients, their families, case managers and other professionals and handling all matters with appropriate sensitivity
* Working closely with the firm's Personal Injury and Medical Negligence solicitors on litigating cases
* Assisting senior team members with complex cases
* Drafting applications to the Court of Protection
* Drafting annual Deputy Reports
* Co-ordinating interim billing and the detailed assessment of our professional costs
* Keeping accurate records and managing files efficiently
* Dealing with relevant administrative tasks
Key Skills & Experience
* Strong academics
* Qualified lawyer or CILEX professional with relevant experience as above
* Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
* The ability to work under pressure and deal with competing priorities
* Strong client focus and excellent communication skills
* Strong IT skills
* Team player
* Enthusiasm and proactivity
* Previous experience as a Solicitor in an established Court of Protection department would be highly advantageous
Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.