A well-known Law firm based in Manchester City Centre are looking for a Costs Paralegal to join their Costs Department. They offer a broad range of legal services to both private and commercial clients.
As a Costs Paralegal you will provide support to the Costs Department including the following:
* Preparing service bundles for bills of costs
* Preparing and collating disbursement claims
* Preparing assessment requests (for Provisional and Detailed Assessments)
* Preparing Part 8 Proceedings
* Preparing court bundles for Detailed Assessment
You will also gain experience in preparing lower value bills of costs and schedule of costs and negotiating costs settlements.
Ideally the successful candidate will have a minimum of six months experience working within a Costs department and will possess the following:
* At least five GCSEs including in Maths and English at grade C or above
* Excellent IT skills including experience in using Microsoft office
* Able to demonstrate commitment and the ability to work to own initiative
You may also have the following experience:
* Some knowledge of the Civil Procedural Rules
* Some knowledge of time recording procedures
* Some experience in using case management systems (such as Proclaim)
The salary on offer is £16,000 - £20,000 and is dependent on experience.
If you are interested in the position the please follow the links provided.