Costs draftsperson / Negotiator - Manchester
COSTS DRAFTSPERSON / NEGOTIATOR - MANCHESTER
Costs Draftsperson / Negotiator - A role has arisen within this growing defendant costs team for an experienced Cost Draftsperson to work closely with the Team Leader of the Costs department. You will handle a range of costs-related matters from RTA and EL/PL to other more complex filed. For instance, the team is also involved in high-profile commercial litigation cases.
- Job title: Costs Draftsperson / Negotiator
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £20,000 - £30,000
- Reports to: Head of Costs
- Previous Experience: at least one year of handling own Costs caseload preferably from a defendant background.
Our client is an established player in the insurance market acting for a raft of household name insurance companies as well as some self-insured companies. Due to the growth of the Costs team a role has arisen for a Costs Draftsperson, preferably from a defendant insurance background to carry a Costs caseload as well as assisting the Team Leader in implementing key strategic initiatives from the Board.
Our client is looking to attract Costs Drafts people who are looking to really develop a long term career in this area of law. The Costs department receives work from all areas of the firm including EL/PL, RTA and industrial disease, but also more complex areas of litigation such as property damage and general commercial litigation. In particular, candidates should be able to:
- show a complete understanding of the insurance and costs process;
- demonstrate an ability to run a small caseload of costs files unassisted;
- evidence the ability to lead as well as delegate effectively;
- demonstrate excellent negotiation skills;
- work efficiently in a target driven environment;
- possess strong attention to detail; and
- work effectively as part of a busy team.
OPPORTUNITY TO PROGRESS
This is an excellent chance for anyone to develop their Costs career. The firm has a history of promoting talented fee earners through its ranks and this role offers the chance to learn new skills and become a key member in the team. The role offers a competitive salary and benefits package.