Elevate are currently recruiting for a Costs Draftsman with over 4 years PQE to work for an International Law Firm in Birmingham, initially for 6 months.
- To prepare forms for presentation to the Court, including but not limited to:
- Precedent H costs budgets.
- Precedent R report.
- Formal bills of costs for detailed assessment.
- Statements of costs of interim payment applications.
- Instructions and Briefs to Counsel.
- To draft Points of Dispute and responses.
- Court attendance to represent the client, including detailed assessment hearings.
- Liaise with fee earners and support staff as required regarding caseload updates.
- Provide advice to colleagues across the firm regarding a variety of legal cost matters, including Court practice and procedure.
- Collation of bundles of documents.
You might be the right person if you have:
- Extensive, current knowledge of court procedures including:
- Party and Party costs recovery (on the indemnity or standard basis of assessment.
- Solicitors Act 1974 costs assessments (between solicitor and client).
- High Court and county court (all divisions including Companies Court and Bankruptcy.
- Court of Appeal.
- Supreme Court.
- Competition Appeal Tribunal.
- Lands Tribunal.
- A minimum of 4 years' experience as a costs draftsman in a legal environment.
- Costs negotiation experience.
- Proven IT skills and an ability to adapt to new technology.
- Demonstrable strong administrative and organisational skills.
Skills for Success:
- Ability to engage clients in a way that instills confidence and fosters strong relationships.
- A savvy operator with good commercial and business acumen.
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work autonomously with little direction.
- Confident working within complex multi-functional, multi-jurisdictions environments.
- Highly organised with flexible, resilient and credible personality.
- Drive, enthusiasm and desire to succeed.
- Excellent attention to detail and an analytical mind.
- Professional qualification accredited by the Association of Cost Lawyers (or equivalent).
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.