about 1 year ago
Latham & Watkins, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Corporate Transaction Lawyer to join our vibrant office in Manchester. As one of the largest law firms in the world, Latham's commitment to attracting the best and brightest talent has greatly contributed to the firm's success. Driven by the belief that our strongest asset is our people, Latham & Watkins is dedicated to fostering an environment that supports personal and professional development. Latham's global platform, unique collaborative culture, and deep resources provide unparalleled opportunities for career progression.
Latham & Watkins, consistently ranked among the world’s leading law firms, is seeking Corporate Transaction Lawyers to join the growing team at its vibrant Manchester office. In this role, you will provide high quality, specialised support to Latham’s global practice primarily in the field of M&A due diligence. Working closely with deal teams located across Latham’s global office network, the team is tasked with identifying issues associated with a diverse range of transactions. Latham's global platform, unique collaborative culture, and deep resources provide unparalleled opportunities for career progression, along with a competitive package.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
* A law degree (or other Bachelor’s Degree and Graduate Diploma in Law) and Legal Practice Course qualification.
* Be admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales and hold a current practising certificate, or qualified and admitted in a US jurisdiction. Individuals originally qualified in other jurisdictions who are undertaking, or have undertaken, the QLTS will be considered.
* Experience conducting due diligence in connection with M&A transactions, or other corporate process at a law firm.
* A willingness to learn and use cutting-edge technology, such as artificial intelligence (AI) or machine-based learning software and legal project management tools, to assist in due diligence review and reporting process.
* Knowledge and proficiency in PC applications, including MS Office and other programs necessary to complete thorough analyses and reports, and to enhance and deliver high quality summaries and presentations.
* Excellent organisational and analytical skills (e.g., organizing, planning, problem-solving and decision-making, commitment to diversity), and skilled technical writing.
* Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the firm.
* Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, with a customer service focus.
Driven by the belief that our strongest asset is our people, Latham & Watkins is dedicated to fostering an environment that supports personal and professional development. Latham's global platform, unique collaborative culture, and deep resources provide unparalleled opportunities for career progression.
Latham offers a generous total compensation package. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program which includes health insurance as well as group income protection and life assurance, a pension plan, wellness programs, employee discounts and more.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ link. With specific questions, please .
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to attract the best and brightest talent.
Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Practice Services Team-MN