about 1 month ago
Corporate Tax Lawyer - 1-6 Years PQE qualified Associate
We are looking for a 1-6 year Associate to join the commercial tax side of our award winning Private Client and Tax department. The commercial tax team provides stand-alone tax structuring advice to our high net worth clients and their businesses as well as playing a key role in supporting the firm's property and corporate teams. We provide business oriented solutions that are sensitive to client’s commercial realities as well as top quality technical tax advice.
Our clients are from both the UK and overseas and own assets that range from busy international and domestic family businesses to traditional landed estates. We specialise in giving proactive and commercial tax advice that helps those clients to preserve and enhance their wealth and ensure compliance with their various UK tax obligations. Our focus is on providing a very personal service to clients with complex needs. We deal usually with owners or owner’s representatives not managers and have the opportunity to get involved with strategic decisions at a high level. This stimulating role requires a candidate who can communicate well about tax issues.
The commercial team also frequently work alongside Boodle Hatfield's strong and well-regarded Property and Corporate practices and are exceptionally well placed to advise and support their work and take the lead when deals are tax driven. The tax team has particular expertise in structuring land assembly deals for collective investment vehicles, property joint ventures and residential acquisitions by a wide range of investor. The team gets involved in a wide range of business development opportunities and an interest in and aptitude for developing the tax practice further would be a real asset in this role.
We are looking for a strong candidate who has a keen interest in property and corporate tax. This will involve stand alone SDLT and VAT queries and also structuring issues regarding on and offshore companies, partnerships, funds and trusts. The candidate will also get involved in corporate tax due diligence on the acquisition of companies and drafting the tax documentation for corporate deals. Candidates must have strong academics and or likely to be already in a City, West End or leading regional practice.
* Experience within a busy corporate tax team
* Exposure to a range of tax issues and disciplines as opposed to one type of tax only
* Good technical knowledge gained in a prominent London or regional tax department
* A good awareness of commercial issues
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal confidently with existing, highly valued clients
* Must be an enthusiastic team player and have the ability and skills to share knowledge in order to develop other members of the team
* Intellectually able, 2:1 or above
* Self-starter who takes initiative
* Sponsorship is provided for further qualifications such as STEP or CTA
Please submit your application via our online application link.