12 months ago
Are you an ambitious Corporate Solicitor wishing to play a leading role in developing the Private Equity and Venture Capital practice at one of the UK’s fastest-growing law firms? If so the Corporate team at TLT in Bristol want to hear from you.
TLT is building a nationally recognised Private Equity and Venture Capital practice, advising mid-market PE investors, venture capital firms, VCTs and ambitious management teams on their strategically important transactions. The team is growing fast, and we are keen to hear from qualified Solicitors (1PQE+) who are committed to building their careers in this dynamic area of practice.
In addition to great quality work and as much client development activity as you can handle, we also offer:
* Personal and professional development through our recognised training programmes (in both technical and wider skill development).
* Rapid career progression – our growth enables us to reward performance more quickly than other firms. We have made up partners from internal candidates in our team, and delivered double-digit growth, in each of the last 4 years.
* An open, collaborative and flexible culture, which recognises that people perform at their best if they are happy and working in a sustainable manner.
* A chance to work in Bristol – recognised by the Sunday Times as the Best Place to Live in the UK, home to one of the largest legal communities outside of London and an internationally recognised hub for technology businesses.
* Market-leading remuneration and benefits package.
The team’s PE client list is blue-chip, working with nationally recognised investors that include LDC, Business Growth Fund, Barclays Strategic Investments, YFM Equity Partners, Downing, SEA Equity, Encore Capital and Kester Capital. The team also employs its private equity skill set in advising TLT’s corporate client base on strategic investments, recent examples being Merlin Entertainments’ $37m investment in Big Bus Tours (an Exponent Private Equity investee), and Savills’ investment in YOPA as part of a £16m round.
The team also has a strategic focus on Venture Capital, acting for leading institutional investors such as Sussex Place Ventures, UCL Business plc, Barclays Bank and Creative England. This is balanced by a wide variety of some of the UK’s most exciting technology businesses such as Open Bionics (Winners of the Wired Innovation Award) and Reach Robotics.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
* A minimum 1 years post qualified experience gained from a notable law firm.
* Broad Corporate experience gained supporting a wide range of organisations and sectors. Private Equity and Venture Capital experience is beneficial, however, we will provide in-depth training for those committed to working within these fields.
* A desire and ability to deliver highly effective business development initiatives as you will be expected to build the practice area.
* Technical excellence. Our clients expect the highest level of service from us and you will continue and improve this service.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a market leading basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.