Position: Corporate Legal Secretary
Salary: £24000 Per Annum
Reports to: Partners (up to 3)
Our client is a law firm who is recognised by the prestigeous Chambers & Partners and Legal 500; with offices across the South East. Over the past decade they have experienced significant growth, now employing over 100 employees including 17 Partners.
Due to this continued growth they are currently seeking to employ a Legal Secretary within the Corporate Commercial Department. Ideally the successful candidate would have prior experience working within a Corporate team/department; however, they would be open to applicants who have worked in multiple areas of law as this shows adaptability.
This role will involve both telephone and direct client contact and as such a high degree of professionalism is required at all times. The role will also involve a high volume of written correspondence with clients, therefore accuracy and timely processing of documents is fundamental to maintain the firm's quality service to clients.
- Ability to take responsibility and help fee earner to deliver quality service to clients.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills (both written and oral).
- Excellent Team player and willingness to provide support and assistance to other secretaries as and when required.
- Able to manage competing priorities with a flexible attitude to work and meeting deadlines.
- Confident and professional at all times.
- To ensure documents and correspondence relating to all matters are processed quickly and accurately as directed by fee-earners (including the appropriate use of the firm's case management system).
- To attend to clients both on the telephone and in person, ensuring messages are passed on without unnecessary delay.
- To ensure that the firm's file management procedures are accurately carried out, including filing of all correspondence, attendance notes and time records.
- To set up new files accurately and speedily on instructions from fee-earner and in accordance with the firm's file management procedures.
- To make travel arrangements or any other personal arrangements for fee earners as and when required.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary for the fee earner concerned.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all Practice and client's documentation, and/or information.
- To maintain time records of telephone calls, letters written and attendances on clients.
- To adhere to the Practice Quality Policy.
- To undertake any other duties which from time to time may be allocated.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Previous experience of working within a Coco Department would be ideal.
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook for diary management.
- Fast and accurate audio typing speed.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience in using case management systems/databases for client management.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the ranks of a leading law firm and really progress your career. If you would like to be considered for the role then please submit your C.V for consideration.
If you do not have full rights to work in the UK please do not apply.