10 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Litigation & Dispute Mgmt
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Recognised by The Lawyer magazine as part of the “Litigation Elite”, Eversheds Sutherland’s team of experts acts for global clients in locations that include Asia, Middle East, Africa and Europe. Our people conduct large-scale complex litigation and arbitration cases for a client base spanning multiple jurisdictions and across a wide range of business sectors. We regularly handles a broad spectrum of commercial disputes, helping clients manage day-to-day business risk, where junior lawyers can hone their skills with hands-on experience and responsibility of running cases.
Eversheds’ Sutherland’s Corporate Claims team are experts at handling injury litigation. The team consists of dynamic and forward-thinking lawyers, focused on combining the highest quality legal expertise and problem solving to provide clients with the guidance they need. We fight cases hard when it is in our clients’ interests, and we have a strong track record of delivering successful outcomes for our clients.
Often the circumstances giving rise to claims litigation present wider challenges for our clients. They may include Health & Safety Executive investigation and prosecution or industrial relations issues or issues around our clients’ products or services. Working as part of the wider Eversheds Sutherland team, the Corporate Claims team are uniquely placed to achieve outcomes from litigation which are consistent with our clients’ wider commercial interests.
Ranked Tier 1 in Legal 500 year on year, the Corporate Claims team is motivated, busy and highly effective.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Disease specialist to join the Corporate Claims team in Ipswich.
• Provide strategic and commercial legal advice on disease cases, supporting the Partners in the Corporate Claims team.
• Support and offer guidance to junior lawyers in the team.
• As an integral part of the team, you will be responsible for your own case load.
• Be pro-active and willing to get involved in business development and contribute to the strategic direction of the team.
• This varied role offers a wide range of high quality disease work.
• You will have access to sector specialists and be expected to work with these contacts across the firm to help develop growth areas for the team.
• You will work on high profile, complex litigation.
Skills and experience:
• Experience at handling Disease claims including asbestos related diseases and stress.
• Strong technical skills, commercial acumen and excellent academic qualifications, ideally with a degree or equivalent, classification of 2:1 or higher.
• Ability to analyse complex factual situations and distil the key issues clearly and concisely and persuade others through logical reasoning. You will provide a first rate client service both internally and externally.
• Ability to provide commercial advice recognising that Claims are brought either by our clients’ staff or customers. If their litigation is handled insensitively there is the potential to cause serious damage to our clients’ reputation and brand.
• Evidence of exposure to clients/counsel/experts is desirable.
• Experience of having led small teams of people and have the ability to take on a supervisory role to support the development of high quality junior lawyers.
• Exposure to business development activities and a good understanding of how to win work would be desirable.
• ‘Can do’ attitude and prepared to go the extra mile to ensure we are able to meet our clients’ needs.
You will need to have a proven track record of handling disease claims and will have gained the required breadth and depth of experience for this role.
Eversheds Sutherland also require awareness and full participation in the Firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through.
Email this vacancy to a friend